Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Ellicottiville - Holiday Valley New York where to eat (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/ellicottiville-holiday-valley-new-york-where-to-eat-865117/)

amelie Nov 1st, 2010 12:36 PM

Ellicottiville - Holiday Valley New York where to eat

10 Adults, 3-5 teens, one 3 year old, renting a house near Ellicottville NY

Where to eat the day after Thanksgiving for dinner? Would the Brewery be okay for the size of group and also the 3 year old (we have a local brewery / restaurant which would be fine for a kid before 8 pm but I don't know about this one).

KathyK Nov 1st, 2010 02:58 PM

What type of food/atmosphere are you looking for? The Brewery is okay, mostly bar food. Dina's and Silver Fox are the nicest restaurants and have the best food in Ellicottville but maybe you're probably looking for something more casual.

garyt22 Nov 2nd, 2010 05:50 AM

The Ellicottville Brewery is perfect for your group... the menu is both bar food and better choice... the Dining room will accomodate all of you but I would call ahead... if there is snow, that Friday will be mobbed in the Village...

You can also see a wide variety of restaurants in and around town by visiting the website for www.holidayvalley.com and looking at the Dining Guide tab... good luck

amelie Nov 2nd, 2010 08:54 AM

We definitely want casual. So the brewery will be okay for the three year old? The only one I saw with a kids menu was Cadillac Jacks. I am not sure a kids menu is a deal breaker though, she doesn't eat that much anyway and could eat off her parents.

I'm hoping for no snow.

Thanks

garyt22 Nov 2nd, 2010 10:54 AM

the Brewery is OK for the 3 year-old... lots of families there... also plan a visit to the shops and candy stores... homemade chocolates and a local favorite... sponge candy...

KathyK Nov 2nd, 2010 12:26 PM

I think there is a Watson's Candy in Ellicottville. Excellent sponge candy!

amelie Nov 3rd, 2010 07:26 AM

Someone who's husband is from there is telling me to go to John Harvard's Brew House in Holiday Valley. Which is better?

garyt22 Nov 3rd, 2010 08:14 AM

Ellicottville Brewery is in the village and has lots of character... John Harvards is in the Ski Resort... I was there before they changed to the Brew House, but when it was a restaurant, the food was ordinary... your choice...

amelie Nov 3rd, 2010 08:30 AM

Okay, Ellicottville Brewery looks good to me, and will be more convenient to just stay in town vs. going into the ski resort.
We are excited since they start their Christmas festivities that day.

Thank you!!!!

amelie Dec 6th, 2010 09:08 AM

The Ellicottville Brewery was perfect. Thanks!!! :) They even managed to reserve us two tables for 13 people on a Friday even though they said they don't take reservations on the weekends. It worked out great. The town was cute too, it was the day they lit the tree. :)