Search

Eiffle Tower Restaurant in Vegas

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2004, 08:16 AM
Am
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eiffle Tower Restaurant in Vegas

Has anyone eaten at the multi-course $89 pp meal at the Eiffle Tower Restaurant in Las Vegas?

If so, can you tell me what courses are served / what types of food it includes?

Would you recommend it? Any feedback would be great.

Thanks!
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 09:51 AM

Here's the restaurant menu:

http://www.eiffeltowerrestaurant.com/menu.html
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 10:28 AM

I ate there once about 4 years ago and would not return. The view isn't all that and it was very expensive. $89 pp, plus overpriced wine and drinks, plus tax & tip and you are looking at $125 to $150 pp. It was stuffy & not so interesting atmosphere. You are paying to eat in the "Eiffel Tower". Big whoop. It is very elegant, but I also think very overrated. There was nothing special about the food, and it was not as romantic as one might think. It is a gimmick more than anything. We ordered ala carte and the entrees were about $45 each.
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 02:00 PM

I have not eaten there, but it sounds to me that Mon Ami Gabi downstairs in Paris has a better atmosphere and is cheaper wiwth pretty good food. What could be better than sitting on the sidewalk outdoors and watching the Bellagio fountains and having a great steak dinner!
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 02:24 PM

We ate the multi-course meal last spring since we are such fans of Chicago's Everest. The food was very good, but the atmosphere was not at all like in Chicago.

In Chicago, I enjoyed the serenity of the restaurant. The other patrons seemed to appreciate the poshness of the place and were there for their own pleasure, not to see and be seen. And you couldn't find a better waitstaff.

In Las Vegas, the crowd was loud and almost obnoxious, so much so that it was hard to have a conversation (more like what you would expect at a $$$ steakhouse where all the men were blowing their expense accounts and trying to out-impress each other).
Our waiter was a total joke and forgot us for long periods of time. The sommelier was great and tried her best to make up for the rest of the experience.

I'm interested to see other people's perspective.
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 04:29 PM

What's this? A loud, obnoxious crowd behaving childishly in Las Vegas? Where?
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 04:59 PM

Ted, every party has a pooper and that is why Las Vegas invited me. I hate being the only grownup in Las Vegas. Or even the only babysitter in Las Vegas.
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 05:27 PM

Oh, I know. I'm only pointing out the obvious. Your point is well taken that regardless of the city, when you're paying for a nice meal the quality of your dining experience shouldn't be compromised by other diners, whether due to intoxication, ignorance, loud children or whatever. Vegas shouldn't be an exception, but often is.

I recall someone last year remarking how a party of people showed up at Picasso at Bellagio wearing shorts or beach clothing or something (!).

It's always a shame when a potentially good dining experience is ruined by others. Happens in Vegas a lot more often than in 'real' cities, though. Just part of the landscape there.