eating in West Yellowstone

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 07:11 AM
Dennis

eating in West Yellowstone

I will be staying in West Yellowstone for several days. I would appreciate recommendations for inexpensive places to eat in West Yellowstone.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 07:48 AM
Connie

West Yellowstone is a small, laid back town with a "low brow" feel to it, unlike say, Jackson, Telluride or Aspen.

You won't have any problem finding inexpensive places to eat. You would probably have a harder time finding expensive places to eat.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 09:41 AM
amy

There was a small BBQ "shack" on one of the side streets, I wish I could remember its name, but there is no inside, just picnic tables outside, and great BBQ. We had a quick lunch there before our flight out.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 12:24 PM
ellen

Check out Ernies Subs, if its still there. We enjoyed the BEST, most delicious subs and cookies that we picked up there, but ate in Mammoth Hot Springs. Its one of those simple memories that defines our adventures!

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 01:20 PM
Cheryl

Bullwinkle's is a MUST!!!

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 01:50 PM
Kay

I believe the name is Wild West Pizza between Boundary St. and Canyon next to a grocery. We had a good 12" pizza with 3 toppings and 2 refillable sodas $16 or so.

I wish I could remember the name of the other place we ate to tell you to avoid it. It was also on one of the cross streets just down and across from the Stagecoach Inn--something simple like city like city cafe or diner with a sign advertising steaks and buffalo burgers. Not too good.