Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Eagles Concert Tour: Best Venue, Best Seats, Cost Not Important

Apr 26th, 2002, 10:12 AM
Mark

We want to go see the Eagles in concert this summer. We don't mind flying wherever, just want top notch seats and a fun venue.
Anyone know the best way to get good seats? EBay? Any other websites?
Anyone else planning to travel to see them (it's a strange list of places they're visiting)?

May 4th, 2002, 04:15 PM
Susan

Mark, I'm not familiar with the Eagles latest tour, but I have purchased concert tickets on Ebay and I find it's the best way to get great seats. The ticketing agencies around here (I live in the SF bay area) end up charging more per ticket than I've paid on ebay. Of course, the cheapest way to buy is through ticketmaster, but good luck getting good seats that way. Have fun!

May 4th, 2002, 04:24 PM
rmeisner

Is this the long-awaited "We're Only It For The Money Tour?"

Seriously, why no Don Felder this tour?

May 4th, 2002, 07:49 PM
Vince

They kicked Felder out.
Why? Hmmmm. Could be any number of reasons.
We saw the Eagles during their brief Y2K 3 show mini-series.
They were unbelievably good.
They make no bones about the fact that they're there for the money.
Hey---big deal. If they perform to perfection, and people are now willing to pay big bucks, they'd be foolish NOT to take advantage.
C'mon, people drop $110 for Cirque du Soleil in LV, $250 for good McCartney seats, etc. Do you remember the Y2K prices? $1000 at Staples Center in LA.
It's not just the Eagles who are cashing in.

May 4th, 2002, 09:51 PM
mizq

do they really need the money though? isn't the eagles greatest hits album (can't remember which) the highest selling cd in music history?

May 4th, 2002, 11:05 PM
Uni

Does Bill Gates need the money?
Barry Bonds?
Steve Wynn?
Kirk Kirkorian?
They all still work hard to make every buck they can, and no one criticizes them.

May 4th, 2002, 11:12 PM
John

They're at the Gorge amphitheater, an open air venue overlooking the Columbia River in central Washington, on June 15. You sit on the hillside (or on chairs) overlooking the stage and into the west, around 1500 feet above the river. It's a spectacular setting, and fitting "old west" place to hear the Eagles. It's around 90 min. east of Seattle, near the town of George, Washington (really.)

May 5th, 2002, 08:51 PM
xxxxx

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave."

May 6th, 2002, 10:07 AM
xxx

i haven't been to a concert for years. i think it is a real shame that people who are not weathly can no longer enjoy a concert due to the outragious prices. i know supply & demand...just makes me bummed to be missing them.

May 6th, 2002, 11:15 AM
Glenn

Some venues have lawn seats which are less than outrageous.
Small venues like the show in Las Vegas at the Joint (Hard Rock Cafe....capacity 1500 people) are sky-high. Seats in the BACK third of the floor section are going for $3000 a pair on E-Bay.
General admission (no assigned seat) in the balcony there is about $700/pair.

May 6th, 2002, 11:33 AM
xxx

They are playing at Summerfest in Milwaukee. While it may not be the "best" city to visit, the Marcus Ampitheatre is right on Lake Michigan. If you are into music festivals, Summerfest can't be beat. However, tickets are sold out. I'm sure there are some to be had if price is no object. And you can always fly Midwest Express into Milwaukee.

May 6th, 2002, 11:38 AM
rmeisner

Eagles Greatest Hits is one of the best selling records of all-time. However, a significant number of those sales were from music clubs like Columbia House. That's not to say the band didn't make money, probably not as much as you would think. (Especially, when split 6 ways.)

May 6th, 2002, 11:44 AM
Traveling man

And then there was the drugs and hard living. "Don't let your monster lie down."