We are contemplating a trip in mid to late Sept to this area. We would fly in and out of La Plata Airport. Our goal is to see fall colors in the area and do some hiking.
Please give some advice about where we might concentrate our days- thinking about spending first two days in Durango, spend next two or three days in Ouray, on to Telluride for a night or two, then Mesa Verde for three nights.
Is this circle drive reasonable and worthwhile ? The other option would be to spend more days in Ouray , skip Telluride and come back down to Mesa Verde via Durango, with the 3 nights in Mesa Verde.
I appreciate any advice you can pass along. Thanks !
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 YAHOO @ Password Recovery CONTACT 1:888:260:2909 YAHOO Tec*h 24\7 care
- 2 Upper Geyser Basin - Yellowstone National Par
- 3 Key Largo worth a day trip from Florida City/Miami area??
- 4 NY theater district restaurant
- 5 Christmas getaway
- 6 Family winter holiday
- 7 Sjc Car Rental
- 8 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 9 [email protected]
- 10 Kiwi girls going from Houston - Nashville
- 11 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 12 Trip to Cali
- 13 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 14 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 15 10 Day California Vacation Advice
- 16 4 days in San Diego
- 17 Everglades en route from Ft Myers to Miami doable?
- 18 Should we go to Orlando if not interested in Disney World?
- 19 Please help - Hawaii itinerary - big island and Honolulu
- 20 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 21 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 22 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 23 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 24 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 25 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)