Key West Sunset Watching

Search

Key West Sunset Watching

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21st, 2007, 09:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Key West Sunset Watching

What are some recommendations for sunset watching in Key West restaurants? I'll be going in October when sunset is around 7:15 pm. So I'd either like to watch sunset in a restaurant with a good view of it, or eat early like 5:30 and then hang out at Mallory Square. Suggestions?
Old Aug 21st, 2007, 09:57 AM
GoTravel

Because the actual sunset takes a while, I'd just check out the scene at Mallory Square and then go eat somewhere.

Keep in mind that a restaurant with good views of the sunset will also be a restaurant where the sun will be in your eyes for a considerable amount of time.

Old Aug 21st, 2007, 03:29 PM

The Westin Hotel (formerly Hilton) and the Ocean Key Resort both flank Mallory Square, the home of the sunset celebration. The Westin has two restaurants: one is downstairs and is the more formal, and the other is upstairs overlooking the Gulf and the swimming pool. For sunset views, the upper restaurant would afford you a better view and a more casual menu.

The Ocean Key Resort has a great long pier (can't remember the name) that has sunset views and serves food and drink. They also have live music. Either of these places would be a fun place to watch the sunset.

I might add that the sunset "celebration" on Mallory Square is full of street entertainers and vendors and is something to do at least once.
Old Aug 21st, 2007, 03:43 PM

Pier House at the end of Duvall (and end of Mallory) also has a western view from the restaurant, but unsure if you catch sundown in October. Nice place.
Old Aug 21st, 2007, 06:43 PM

One other place to view the sunset is from the top of La Concha. There's a great viewing platform from The Top, as they like to call it--and there's a bar up there, as well.