Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Driving Route Boston-Montreal - something about Lake Champlain Bridge?
Notices

Driving Route Boston-Montreal - something about Lake Champlain Bridge?

Jul 27th, 2011, 04:38 AM
Original Poster

Driving Route Boston-Montreal - something about Lake Champlain Bridge?

Yahoo and Mapquest give me 2 different routes - the one I am familiar with with is primarily I89 thru NH/VT - but Yahoo gives me some sort of warning box about a Lake Champlain Bridge that is out and so they rerouted me on east side of Lake.

Mapquest sends me on a due north route, into Canada, and then on a due west route into Montreal.

Any comments.
Jul 27th, 2011, 05:01 AM

The Lake Champlain Bridge is being reconstructed and is not open. It crosses the southern part of the lake between Crown Point, NY and Chimney Point, VT. If you take I-89 through VT on your way to Montreal, you don't need to worry about it.

(The bridge is scheduled to re-open Oct. 2011. A google search will provide more specific information for those who want to stay updated.)
Jul 27th, 2011, 05:18 AM

As noted in the other post there should be no problem due to the Lake Champlain Bridge construction must farther south

I think the I-89 route then north would be shorter both time and distance-wise than the other route. There is a short stretch north of the Vt border that is not highway but that doesn't slow you down much

Search this Thread