Family of 4 (kids girl 8 & boy 15) from Australia, we are spending some time doing the "theme park thing" in Orlando and have been invited up to Shepherdsville KY , we would like to drive and see some of the US on the way rather than flying and missing it all.
Plan is to leave Orlando 31 March looking at 5 days in Shepherdsville and then need to be in Atlanta for 15 April to go home.
Our issue is that we really don't know what's in between, any ideas on a route that will include some cool things to do and see, we don't want the kids to think that the US is just theme parks, there last visit last year was just that, 7 days and they didn't leave Disneyland (their Aunt won a trip so it was all planned).
Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated. Are we mad driving?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 LOS ANGELES TO RENO
- 2 RV Grand Canyon
- 3 NASHVILLE AND MEMPHIS..A FEW QUESTIONS
- 4 Oklahoma City to El Paso
- 5 In panic, messed up car rental reservation
- 6 Morning Activity No Car Downtown Poughkeepsie
- 7 Lunch on the North Shore Kauai
- 8 San Diego arpt to Hotel Circle area?
- 9 Las Vegas TR
- 10 Where would you go in March?
- 11 10 day California Trip in July
- 12 I need help
- 13 Halekulani Hotel-Waikiki -anyone stayed there
- 14 New York in 5 days
- 15 Newport Beach restaurants
- 16 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 17 Please help w/ 7 day itinerary for Vegas & Arizona
- 18 Christmas Eve in Los Angeles
- 19 Expedia
- 20 Italian Provisions
- 21 Family Trip July 2018 Idaho to GNP
- 22 girls trip / oregon
- 23 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 24 Need Help BAD! San Fran, Yosemite, Castiloga-Where else?
- 25 Vacations in New Orleans