I am researching a forthcoming drive from LA to SF. I've not done anything like it before and am very excited. In England we don't have the sort of coastal scenery I'm expecting, not to mention much less exciting breakfasts and suchlike. So I'm trying to make the most of the week or so that I have in which to combine seeing a friend in LA (3nts), driving to SF via some beautiful places (and staying in some cheap ones!) and seeing San Francisco itself.
My plan so far after a day of researching.. isn't very complete. I got very side-tracked trying to plan a trip to Yosemite which turns out to be impossible, very sadly. So it's back to making th best of this drive and of San Fran.
Day 1: Start the drive from LA to somewhere to stay overnight - Santa Barbara?
Day 2: onwards to next overnight place - Cambria? See NP on the way?
Day 3: onwards to see Monterey and Carmel. Stay overnight somewhere (not too pricey - any ideas?! I'm not fussed about being in the centre of things as I'll have the car)
Day 4: finally to San Francisco itself to return the car then some accommodation.
Lots of ways you could help input really...!
Where to stay along the route?
Compensating for lack of Yosemite NP: Can you go into the Los Pedros Park? I'm looking to compensate myself for not being able to go to Yosemite and wondered if I might at least see some nice trees etc here or somewhere else near San Francisco? I see another Park on the map by SF...is it any good?
Where to stay in San Francisco that's cheap and cheerful?
Thank you in advance for any help,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Buy Filagra FXT
- 2 Halekulani Hotel-Waikiki -anyone stayed there
- 3 Italian Provisions
- 4 Family Trip July 2018 Idaho to GNP
- 5 New York in 5 days
- 6 RV Grand Canyon
- 7 girls trip / oregon
- 8 Newport Beach restaurants
- 9 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 10 Expedia
- 11 Need Help BAD! San Fran, Yosemite, Castiloga-Where else?
- 12 10 day California Trip in July
- 13 I need help
- 14 Vacations in New Orleans
- 15 4 days in Miami
- 16 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 17 Please help w/ 7 day itinerary for Vegas & Arizona
- 18 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 19 Ideas for 16th Birthday New York
- 20 Las Vegas TR
- 21 Moving from philly suburbs to St. Petersburg Florida area
- 22 Yosemite lodging ideas
- 23 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 24 NY theater district restaurant
- 25 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?