My wife and I are in our 40s and about to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We are flying into Seattle from Alaska on a Monday night, staying one night, renting a nice car and then heading to Oregon wine country via Rt. 5.
We would like to spend Tuesday night in Oregon wine country, Wednesday exploring the wineries, one more night in the area, then head down the coast to San Francisco.
Other than these guidelines and wanting to spend a full day in San Francisco, does anyone have any suggestions on what route to take and where we should stay? We are on a limited budget and do not need extravagant accommodations. We just like little towns (not a lot of those in Alaska) and sights to see as we head south. We want to travel where the scenery is best and also see some redwood trees.
Finally, is there some kind of "app" or guidebook Fodors offers we can download to the iPad to help plan this out? And a mapping program of some sort?
Thanks again for any assistance the forum offers.
Howard and Jeanne
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Halekulani Hotel-Waikiki -anyone stayed there
- 2 In panic, messed up car rental reservation
- 3 New York in 5 days
- 4 10 day California Trip in July
- 5 RV Grand Canyon
- 6 Newport Beach restaurants
- 7 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 8 Please help w/ 7 day itinerary for Vegas & Arizona
- 9 I need help
- 10 Christmas Eve in Los Angeles
- 11 Expedia
- 12 Italian Provisions
- 13 Family Trip July 2018 Idaho to GNP
- 14 girls trip / oregon
- 15 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 16 Need Help BAD! San Fran, Yosemite, Castiloga-Where else?
- 17 Vacations in New Orleans
- 18 4 days in Miami
- 19 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 20 Ideas for 16th Birthday New York
- 21 Las Vegas TR
- 22 Moving from philly suburbs to St. Petersburg Florida area
- 23 Yosemite lodging ideas
- 24 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 25 NY theater district restaurant