We are thinking of making an impromptu trip to Stowe VT late August. It will be a mini vacation for about 5 days. I need recommendations on how to make this trip fun for 2 kids (9 and 7 y/o) and in laws. We would like to stop for night at some scenic places on the way out and back so it's not a long drive. This is what I am thinking:
Day 1: Leave early evening, stay for the night (close to NY?) at a small town with some pretty scenery
Day 2: Spend the morning and afternoon exploring/driving around the area. Head to Stowe
Day 3: Stowe
Day 4: Stowe. Leave late evening and stay at a different small town en route
Day 5: Explore around the area. Drive back to Philly.
Does this sound doable?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 2 Our next summer trip
- 3 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 4 Family winter holiday
- 5 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 6 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 7 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!
- 8 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 9 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 10 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 11 Muir Woods - new rules
- 12 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 13 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 14 Padre Islands
- 15 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 16 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 17 NASHVILLE
- 18 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 19 4 days in San Diego
- 20 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?
- 21 Lodging locations in Miami for an overnight visit
- 22 Restaurants - NYC Financial District
- 23 Hard Rock Stadium - transportation to stadium or parking?
- 24 Galveston
- 25 Where to go in Florida . . . without a car?