We're planning a family trip to visit friends in the States, starting with a week in Washington, and then flying into Atlanta to drive on to Houston.
We arrive in Atlanta on a Monday, and need to be in Houston by Friday late afternoon. We'd like to stay in New Orleans a day/night, but other than that, we're totally flexible. Our trip is in April. Our kids are aged 6 and 1, and while they travel well in a car, we'd like to make the journey as interesting as possible!
So any advice of things to see, places to stay etc will be really appreciated!
Thanks in advance for all of your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Our next summer trip
- 2 Family winter holiday
- 3 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 4 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 5 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!
- 6 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 7 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 8 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 9 Muir Woods - new rules
- 10 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 11 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 12 Padre Islands
- 13 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 14 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 15 NASHVILLE
- 16 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 17 4 days in San Diego
- 18 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?
- 19 Lodging locations in Miami for an overnight visit
- 20 Restaurants - NYC Financial District
- 21 Hard Rock Stadium - transportation to stadium or parking?
- 22 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 23 Galveston
- 24 Where to go in Florida . . . without a car?
- 25 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
Driving from Atlanta to Houston.5 days, 2kids; are we crazy?