Driving Directions to Boston Park Plaza Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17th, 2011, 04:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driving Directions to Boston Park Plaza Hotel

From Copley Square exit off the pike I have 2 sets of directions to the hotel
On the hotel's website ( which I would think would be correct ) it says:

follow straight onto Stuart St. Follow to the 5th set of lights and turn left for the Boston Park Plaza Hotel.

on google maps it says:
Turn right onto Stuart St
Turn left onto Berkeley St
Turn right onto Boylston St
Keep right at the fork
Turn right onto Arlington St

The first is clearly simpler and as I will be driving alone, easier to remember and follow. But on the tiny map I have it looks like some one way streets might prevent this route from working,
Please advise. I am driving in tonight, thanks.
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 04:30 AM

Google Maps takes you to the Arlington St entrance which is not the entrance where you want to be to unload (it is a major artery on the back side of the hotel).
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 04:39 AM
Original Poster

so, the hotel directions take me to the better entrance? that would be nice as they seem much simpler! what street is that entrance on?
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 07:05 AM

Address is: 50 Park Plaza at Arlington Street, Boston, MA 02116

I would probably follow the hotel's direction. Why don't you call them and ask them where main entrance is? They should be able to give you that info.

Good luck.
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 07:52 AM

If you are still reading this post, I have done some further looking.

I went to AAA website and you can get directions there that are pretty clear. I put in Boston, MA as starting point and then Boston Copley Plaza Hotel as destination. It will give you a clear map of the city.

So I would say to take Exit 22 at Pike as you noted above, then get onto Stuart Street and stay on Stuart Street until you come to Arlington St. (it will intersect w/ Stuart St.), turn left onto Arlington and look for the hotel. You should be able to see the tower. Don't think it is more than 4-5 blocks.

Good luck.
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 08:36 AM
cw

I don't know if you've left yet, but I think you want to go to the hotel entrance on the Park Plaza side of the hotel. That would be the North side looking at a map.

The hotel directions just give you the number of signals rather than streets, but I think you would drive up Stuart, cross Arlington St. (the hotel is there on the left, but you can't turn left on Arlington from Stuart), get in the left lane and go up the block to N. Charles St., take a left and take the next left onto Park Plaza.

So you make a loop around the hotel because of the one-way streets. But it will bring you to the quieter side street of the hotel to unload, rather the the busier Arlington St. entrance.
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 09:48 AM
yk

One thing to keep in mind is when you take the Copley exit off the Pike; STAY RIGHT. The exit ramp is a shart curve and soon splits off into 2: LEFT for the Pru and RIGHT for Copley. You want RIGHT - the up ramp will get you directly straight onto Stuart Street.
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Original Poster

thanks all, I appreciate your help. I so rarely drive in Boston, it always makes me nervous,but it sounds pretty straightforward.
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 02:18 PM

thanks guys for your replies! I do not drive Boston that frequently but was trying to give directions from the maps. I knew someone would come forward and fine tune the Yahoo/AAA directions!

Maybe jubilada will report back to us on how she made out.