Drive from New York City to Quebec City

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5th, 2003, 04:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need advice/suggestions for really good places to visit for this long drive my husband and I will be doing from New York City to Quebec City ... sometime end of October to early November. Thanks
Old Oct 5th, 2003, 08:24 AM

I guess perception is relative, but I don't consider it a particularly "long" drive. Straight up the interstate from NYC -- an easy drive. No need to stop along the way.
Old Oct 5th, 2003, 11:47 AM

I have a very nice hotel to suggest you if yo go to Quebec city.The Dominion very nice,very cozy and plus nice view on the river st-Laurent.
Caroline
Old Oct 5th, 2003, 04:16 PM

Two places along the way are Saratoga[although there is a lot more to do there in summer] and Lake Placid. The drive to LP takes you close to some pretty Adirondack peaks.
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 03:18 AM

If you are going in November it could be a really miserable time in that area. All leaves are going to be gone and it rains a lot. Expect snow anywhere in the Adirondacks. November is the worst month to travel there. Also do not forget that a drive between Montreal and Quebec City is boring. If you are driving in October/ very early November stop in Saratoga where foliage should be really great at that time or Westport, NY less known town on Lake Champlain. Lake Placid will be cold, wet and leavless in the end of October. They got two inches of snow last week. Or you may try to drive through Vermont and stop at Killington for skiing
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 04:42 AM

Fort William Henry is right off 87 although I'm not sure if it's still open then. Many attractions along this route close after Columbus Day (e.g. Fort Ticonderoga, Ausable Chasm).

We just drove from NYC to Lake Placid this past weekend. We really loved Lake Placid. So if you were thinking of stopping overnight that might be a good place. There is a charming Main street with shops: adirondack furnishings, antiques, specialty shops (all kinds of hats, all kinds of clocks). There are some good restaurants here too.