It looks like I might be overnighting in Albany in mid-June. I've been through the bus station/train station many a time (give a bit but not much perspective on a place) and I stayed with my cousin in the '90s on two occasions, who was a student at SUNY Albany, but that was more about visiting her. I think we went downtown only very briefly, so I'm looking forward to exploring a bit more.
It's a short stop (I'd be free roughly from 2pm till bedtime, catching a train to NYC the next morning), but I thought I might stroll into the State Capitol (think it's worth going in for a tour?), check out Lark Street and perhaps walk into Washington Park. Any favourite streets (I enjoy looking at homes with character & history) or restaurants you'd particularly recommend? I'd be a solo diner and have a preference for healthy or home-cooking.
Last time I was there I picked up a book on Albany history and it seemed such a bustling, interesting I daresay genteel-seeming place around the turn of the (19th-20th) century. I know it's quieter now, but I think I might enjoy admiring the architecture and relfecting on eras gone by.
Look forward to your thoughts! Daniel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 AOL 1800:681:72O8 Password Reset CONTACT AOL Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 EPSON PRINTER 18OO: 68I :72O8 installations CONTACT EPSON Tec*h 24/7
- 3 http://advisorwellness.com/rapiture-muscle-builder/
- 4 Chasing Sargent in Nashville
- 5 Santa Barbara Hotel
- 6 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 7 Key Largo worth a day trip from Florida City/Miami area??
- 8 Everglades en route from Ft Myers to Miami doable?
- 9 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 10 B&B in Bar Harbor or Southwest Harbor?
- 11 Christmas getaway
- 12 Kiwi girls going from Houston - Nashville
- 13 NY theater district restaurant
- 14 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 15 Upper Geyser Basin - Yellowstone National Par
- 16 Family winter holiday
- 17 Sjc Car Rental
- 18 Trip to Cali
- 19 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 20 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 21 10 Day California Vacation Advice
- 22 4 days in San Diego
- 23 Should we go to Orlando if not interested in Disney World?
- 24 Please help - Hawaii itinerary - big island and Honolulu
- 25 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
Downtown Albany NY for an Afternoon/Evening No Car. Recommendations?