Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Don't Miss "Dallas Blooms" at the Dallas Arboretum
Notices

Don't Miss "Dallas Blooms" at the Dallas Arboretum

Mar 28th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Original Poster

Don't Miss "Dallas Blooms" at the Dallas Arboretum

My husband and I went to see the Spring flower show last Thursday at the Dallas Arboretum. It was truly gorgeous. We took a blanket and picnic lunch and had such a nice day. There are also several restaurants at the Arboretum with outdoor seating. Honestly, we didn't find the lunch that good last year, so we brought our own although it's easier to just eat at the restaurant. The Arboreum overlooks White Rock lake and has lovely terrain and landscaping.
From the website "Recognized as ‘One of the Top 14 Places in the World to See Spring Flowers’ by MSN.com in 2010, Dallas Blooms is largest floral festival in the southwest with over 500,000 spring-blooming bulbs. Tulips, daffodils and hyacinths abound in the 66 acre garden with vibrant colors creating an amazing backdrop to the city of Dallas."
"Dallas Blooms" runs until April 10 and is truly a city treasure. http://www.dallasarboretum.org/DallasBlooms/index.htm
Mar 29th, 2011, 06:23 AM
jcb

I agree that Dallas Blooms is beautiful. However, if anyone wants to see the tulips, you better get there fast as they will not last much longer. I visited on March 11 this year (earlier than I normally go), and I was surprised about how open many of the tulips were.

FYI - the fall event is always lovely too.

Search this Thread