Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Don't get screwed by CabinsForYou in TN! (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/dont-get-screwed-by-cabinsforyou-in-tn-718189/)

nakedmessenger Jul 4th, 2007 06:35 AM

Don't get screwed by CabinsForYou in TN!

"Cabinsforyou" is a scam. Whatever you do, DON'T RENT the PLIMPTON LODGE in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg TN! We have a very large family (30+) that gathers every other year, and last month we tried the TN house for a new location for our reunion. Normally we have been renting houses along the North Carolina beaches ranging from 8 to 12 bedrooms, but we wanted check out the mountains this time. UNFORTUNATELY, the PLIMPTON LODGE was a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. The 14 bedrooms and photos on their website made it appear to be the ideal place for our vacation, but we were grossly misled. Although we paid over $9000 to rent the house for a week, the condition of the property was deplorable. When we complained to the property management, they actually threatened to CHARGE US a DAMAGE FEE! I won't bore you with the details of what was wrong with the house, but it was certainly NOT acceptable for ANY rental property, least of all a $9000 property! Additionally the driveway to the home was extremely unsafe.
Our next reunion will probably be back at the NC beaches or we're considering renting property in Latin America.
Best of luck with your search for rental property, but stay away from CabinsForYou!
Erin (:

iceeu2 Jul 4th, 2007 08:08 AM

I won't bore you with the details of what was wrong with the house, but it was certainly NOT acceptable for ANY rental property, least of all a $9000 property! Additionally the driveway to the home was extremely unsafe.

Don't you really think it would benefit us to tell us what was wrong instead of just saying it's bad? Please bore me with the details.

iamq Jul 4th, 2007 09:35 AM

I'm sorry that it did not work out.

What kind of a scam?

What was so awful about it?

Why would they charge you a damage fee for complaining? That does not make much sense.

It is not fair to publicly lambaste a concern without giving the details of what your complaints are.

Betsy Jul 4th, 2007 09:44 AM

Note that this is Naked's first post, and that she must have registered here just to tell us about this property.

nytraveler Jul 4th, 2007 09:54 AM

Exactly - it's not fair to just claim the property was awful without specifics.

did they lie about the number and bedrooms and baths?

Was it dirty? Or in disrepair?

Did they promise a beautiful pool and not have one?

Give us a clue - otherwise it just looks like you have an axe to grind.

suze Jul 4th, 2007 10:09 AM

We WANT to hear the gory details! It's really only fair that you also post what was wrong with the house.

starrsville Jul 4th, 2007 10:21 AM

We like to be bored :-))

P_M Jul 4th, 2007 11:29 AM

If we weren't bored, we wouldn't be on this board all the time.

(hey, that was almost a rhyme) :-d

starrsville Jul 4th, 2007 11:32 AM

You're so funny, P M!
I'm waiting for my dessert for the potluck to finish cooking. You may be out of luck for that chocolately dessert. Are your stores open today :-(

P_M Jul 4th, 2007 11:36 AM

I don't know starrs, the rain picked up so I postponed my trip to the store. But if there's chocolate to be found in the city of Austin, I will sniff it out. :-p

Oops, sorry to hijack this thread. Nakedmessenger please, come back and tell us more. BTW, I love that screen name.

suze Jul 4th, 2007 12:12 PM

Glad to see I'm not the only one bored on the 4th of July. Since I'm up north in Seattle the fireworks don't start until 10pm!