Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Dog Friendly Neighborhoods in Seattle
Notices

Dog Friendly Neighborhoods in Seattle

May 13th, 2012, 03:48 AM
Original Poster

Dog Friendly Neighborhoods in Seattle

Hi,

I am looking to relocate to Seattle and looking for some suggestions for dog friendly neighborhoods.

Specifically, I have a large breed dog and need not a lot but a some outdoor space, and preferably would like to rent or buy a townhome. I would also love to be near walking/hikiing trails and or water for my dog to swim, plus some dog friendly bars and restaurants.

I keep hearing Fremont, any other neighborhoods?

Thanks in advance.
May 14th, 2012, 10:56 AM

Fremont's OK. But really so would any of many of the outlying neighborhoods around Seattle. Capitol Hill (with Volunteer Park, the Arboretum, Lake Washington all close by) is directly to the east of downtown. Ballard, Fremont, Wallingford, Greenlake, Ravenna heading north. West Seattle is another possibility.
May 14th, 2012, 12:59 PM

I would suggest that sooooooooooooo many Seattle neighborhoods are flush with dogs, and dog life, that you can expect to do better here that way than you might in most other U.S. cities.

Plenty of water around, and a bit of research will unveil specific areas to target.

(you are not, say, searching for a needle in the haystack in this town, is what I'm trying to say)
May 17th, 2012, 01:30 PM

All of Seattle is super dog friendly but Greenlake has a 3 mile loop around a man-made lake for dog-walking, swimming, SUP, etc. dog-friendly restaurants and townhomes for sale and rent.

Search this Thread