Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Does anyone know where the beach is that they use in the commerical for the medicine caduet which has been on TV lately

Does anyone know where the beach is that they use in the commerical for the medicine caduet which has been on TV lately

Jun 21st, 2007, 02:10 PM
Original Poster

Does anyone know where the beach is that they use in the commerical for the medicine caduet which has been on TV lately

I am planning a trip to Northern California. I have been to the beaches on the Oregon coast and know they are very scenic and am picturing the beaches north of San Francisco to be similar. I was wondering if anyone knows where this beach is at the end she walks down stairs to the beach. I think I have read about a particular beach with steps down to it or this typical for Northern Cal. beaches. I am planning to stay 4-5 nights north of SFO and am looking for great beach walks.
Jun 21st, 2007, 06:53 PM

I don't know about the Caduet beach but...just over the San Fran Golden GAte bridge is Rodeo Beach..part of an old fort..great hikes, great lighthouse great wildlife great beach great boat watching to the entrance of San Fran Bay... and 5 minutes over the Golden Gate. Take a picnic, blanket some wine..Sunday papaer...
Jun 21st, 2007, 07:58 PM

Haven't seen the Caduet ad but Baker Beach has a wonderful staircase that traverses the dunes down to the beach.

If you go on a foggy day, you'll have the beach to yourself. If it's nice, however, you'll have to share it with a bunch of nudists even in winter. So be warned.
Jun 24th, 2007, 05:12 AM

I saw that ad yesterday during the Giants - Yankee game on Fox. It's not Baker Beach and I don't believe it's in the Bay Area.

A google search brought up a picture that says it was filmed on Pudding Creek Beach near Fort Bragg. But, it also says that it was "one of the beaches".

Here's the link:

http://www.wunderground.com/wximage/...ry=CURRWEATHER

If you are looking for great beach walks, Point Reyes is the place to go.

One favorite is the hike down Limantour Beach to Sculptured Beach. If you are lucky and it's a minus tide, you can keep going around the rocks to Hidden Beach which has a secret waterfall in Winter and Spring.

If you walk the other way at Limantour, you end up at Drake's Estero where harbor seals play in the current and white pelicans (in winter) circle overhead. And you have the vista of the white cliffs of Drake's Bay that may have inspired Sir Francis to name the area New Albion.

There are many other great walks. Get the book by Phil Arnot - Exploring Point Reyes.
Jun 24th, 2007, 06:02 AM
GP

Hi mmouse52

Let me know if you plan to come up as far as Humboldt county. I know of several nice hikes along beaches up here.

Have Fun
GP
Jun 24th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Original Poster

Thank You all for the great info. Yes GP I am coming to Humboldt area. In fact I have been reading many of your posts and you are a wealth of information. My trip is not until next summer but I am an extensive planner and have been doing alot of research already. I am planning to start my trip in Yosemite and want to make my reservations as soon as I can for next summer. From there I want to go over to the coast north of SFO. I am thinking of staying in Point Arena area for a few days. Then moving further north maybe Shelter Cove or Mendocino for 3 nights.
Jun 24th, 2007, 02:00 PM
GP

Hi mmouse52

Thanks for the kind words. I do try to spend a lot of my free time wandering around outside in northern California. I’ll help where I can.
Shelter cove? That is getting away from it all. There is no there “there”, really it is where us locals go to get away from it all…very little down there. I recommend some where else. The best beaches in Humboldt are between the Little River (not the one down near Mendocino) and the mouth of the Klamath. You would base yourself out of Trinidad. As much as I like Humboldt, you might want to focus on Highway 1 from SF to Fr. Bragg. People never give this section of coast enough time. With places like Pt Reyes, Bodega Bay, Salt Point, Pt. Arena, Van Damme and Glass beach you could fill 5 days easy. Although it is not really a beach walk/hike I enjoy the pygmy forest hike
http://www.viamagazine.com/weekender...endocino00.asp
If you really want to come up to our neck of the woods 2or 3 days in Pt Arena and then 2 or 3 in Trinidad could work, just remember the drive from Pt. Arena to Trinidad is an all day adventure. You would want to stop at Founders grove/ Bull Creek flats. As for beach walks / hikes up here, the trails at Trinidad and Elk heads with Patricks Pt. can fill a day. If you prefer a less traveled beach, check out the Lagoons (except Big) north of Patricks Pt. Take the costal drive on the north end of Prairie Creek St. park then cross the Klamath and head out to for a nice view if the mouth of the Klamath. Once you get your plans more finalized I could get more specific. I’ll be around.

Have Fun
GP
Jun 24th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Original Poster

Thanks again GP I plan to get out my map tomorrow and check out your suggestions. I did think about Trinidad orginally so I may go back to that idea. I appreciate your advice and will get back to you when I have more definate ideas.

Search this Thread