Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know the name of the Myrtle Beach resort located across the highway from Broadway @the Beach?

Search

Does anyone know the name of the Myrtle Beach resort located across the highway from Broadway @the Beach?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 06:33 AM
Tom

I remember when I was there 2 years ago that there was a nice condo (?) directly on the ocean and across the highway from B@theBeach.

Can anyone tell me the name of the place?
Thanks!!

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 08:53 AM
mb

Broadway at the Beach is blocks from the ocean -- are you sure you're thinking of the right place??

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 09:04 AM
nina

If you're thinking of Barefoot Landing, I think the resort is called Ocean Creek. It's one of the few nice condo resorts and it's across from Barefoot Landing, which is the other outdoor shopping/restaurant complex.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 11:11 AM
Tom

Hey Nina,
I think you are right!
Is Barefoot Landing where there is a Dick's Last Resort restaurant & Alligator Adventure?
If so, then Barefoot Landing is what I recall.
Please let me know. Thank you.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 11:17 AM
nina

Yes Tom, That's Barefoot Landing. The resort is Ocean Creek (Oceancreek.com). My mom stayed there last fall.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 11:46 AM
Tricia

Hi Nina,
How did your Mom like Ocean Creek?
We stayed at the Captain's Quarters 2 years ago, and my feet stuck to the carpeted floor. Didn't dare walk around without socks or shoes!
I'd love to find a nice and clean condo. Ocean Creek's website looks nice, but then again, all those Myrtle Beach sites "look nice".
Thanks for any additional info!

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 11:52 AM
nina

She liked it. She stayed in the towers, they were immaculate and nicely furnished. When we all go with the kids, we stay at Kingston Plantation, because of the great waterpark. She says that KP is nicer, but when she goes alone she doesn't care about the waterpark so saves a bit of money at Ocean Creek.

I drove into it with her last year while at KP to pick up brochures and thought it was very nicely landscaped. No comparison to Captains Quarters, much, much nicer.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 12:05 PM
Tricia

Thanks for the info Nina.
That trip was our first to M. Beach, so we were definitely "winging it" with the selection of the hotel.
Is the waterpark at Kingston Plantation one that would also entertain older kids? Ours are 13 & 15. Some waterparks are made geared toward young children.
Thanks again, Tricia

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 12:13 PM
nina

Tricia,

Even my sister and I went in the waterpark! It's a great family resort and we saw lots of teens there. Have them bring boogie boards as they will get bored with the waterpark. ALso there are 6 other pools for them to use, some which have no shallow end so they can avoid the little kids. If you can, Go after August 18th for huge discounts. AAA gives a good discount too.