Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Does anyone know on what areas of Oahu ABC's "Lost" is filmed? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/does-anyone-know-on-what-areas-of-oahu-abcs-lost-is-filmed-506613/)

beachgirl86 Feb 23rd, 2005 05:20 PM

Does anyone know on what areas of Oahu ABC's "Lost" is filmed?

Hi,
DH and I are headed to Hawaii for the 2nd time in August, and will be spending 5 or 6 nights on Oahu. We are addicted to ABC's "Lost" which is filmed there, and I wondered if anyone knew what areas/beaches the scenes are from? Thanks!

MerryTravel Feb 23rd, 2005 05:37 PM

I'm not sure which beach specifically, but I know it's on the Waianae Coast. I heard they had to kick a bunch of homeless people off the beach for filming.

This is what imdb had:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411008/locations

jor Feb 23rd, 2005 08:09 PM

I don't know and I also don't know why those macho men never have anything more advanced than a five o'clock shadow. A razor lasts only a few days on a man's beard. Its the most Goofy show on TV.

Sesamee Feb 23rd, 2005 08:15 PM

Beach scenes are mostly in Mokuleia and many valley scenes at on Kualoa Ranch where many other movies are filmed in Hawaii (on Oahu).

Sesamee

Sesamee Feb 23rd, 2005 08:16 PM

BTW, Kualoa Ranch offers movie tours.

bhavnaa Feb 23rd, 2005 08:17 PM

I just returned from a great week long trip from Oahu and actually ran across a filming of a scene for Lost ironically enough at the Manadrin Oriental. Looked like they were filming a wedding flashback scene outside. I also heard they film at Kualoa Ranch, which has also been used for the Jurassic Park movies. Good luck finding them!

MelissaHI Feb 23rd, 2005 09:07 PM

Apparently they film all over the island. Next week Tuesday (3/1), <b>IF</b> they get clearance from the state Harbors Division, they will be at Aloha Tower Marketplace filming a flashback scene in the warehouse.

lcuy Feb 23rd, 2005 11:14 PM

I was at the Mandarin last Friday and saw them as well! Guess I'll have to watch it now!

I thought they were filming the main scenes inside the old xerox building, or was that another show?

Suzie Feb 24th, 2005 07:55 AM

Jor, LOL I always think that. They've now been there for a least a month and they have so little beard!!! To their defense there could be razors in the shaving kits in the random luggage laying around, but then Sawyer would control that! ;)

beachgirl86 Feb 24th, 2005 08:04 AM

Thanks for all the info, everyone! We will be there Aug. 5-10, but I don't think they'll be filming then. I would love to see them filming scenes!

Anyways, I have thought about the beard/razor thing, too, and I assume there must be some razors around that Sawyer didn't get to! :)

Al_LaCarte Feb 24th, 2005 08:19 AM

beachgirl86,

Just heard a couple of weeks ago that they are moving the outdoor segments of the show to somewhere more affordable. As soon as they are finished with this season's shows, they're outa there!

AL ((d))

beachgirl86 Feb 24th, 2005 08:24 AM

Al: That's a shame, the scenes are so beautiful in Hawaii -- do you know where they are headed?

chepar Feb 24th, 2005 09:13 AM

Last fall they filmed for a day at the cathedral at my daughter's school. Big traffic mess - all the production trucks took up the on-school parking.

My daughter said that they met the guy from the Lord of the Rings trilogy - she didn't know his name (called him &quot;the Hobbit guy&quot;) and said he was very nice to everyone. Didn't seem too impressed, though.

JEC Feb 25th, 2005 11:02 AM

My husband and I were on Oahu in December 2004 and while on the beach at Pipeline we saw &quot;Locke&quot; from Lost. He was walking on the beach. On that trip we also saw world famous surfers at the Billabong store and on the North Shore and &quot;Gabe&quot; from the show North Shore on Waikiki Beach. Have a great trip!

Rusty Feb 25th, 2005 01:20 PM

&quot;North Shore&quot; - RIP. One of the worst TV shows ever.

Mike Feb 25th, 2005 01:21 PM

I heard they were going the move the filming somewhere in the Caribbean.

jor Feb 25th, 2005 01:42 PM

Suzie, Nice thought but the reason the guys (stranded on an island) don't have beards is because beards are not sexy on television and the ratings would not be as high. The last thing a man would be thinking about if he was stranded on an island would be his facial hair. The first thing ABC would be thinking about is sexy guys who get great ratings from female viewers. Its just a goofy prime time soap opera.

makai1 Feb 25th, 2005 02:37 PM

Aloha beachgirl,

When we were staying on the north shore last March we were driving out to Kaena Point and drove through a road block where the jet crash set was all over the beach and road... seriously we had no idea it was a movie set and after not having watched the news in days, thought a jet had actually crashed... until on the way back the flagman told us it was the set for &quot;Lost&quot;. Very freaky!

It was just about across from Dillingham (sp. ?) Air Field.

Have a great time! ((R))

beachgirl86 Feb 25th, 2005 07:47 PM

makai1: What a freaky situation! Thanks for the fun story!

jor Feb 27th, 2005 09:52 AM

I watched MAD TV last night and they did a spoof about Lost. They made jokes about the lead actor always having a perfect five o'clock shadow. My comments weren't to far off!