Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Does anyone know if dawsons creek is being filmed in august at wilmington (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/does-anyone-know-if-dawsons-creek-is-being-filmed-in-august-at-wilmington-74106/)

pete May 30th, 2000 12:26 PM

Does anyone know if dawsons creek is being filmed in august at wilmington

i was just wandering if dawsons creek is being filmed at wilmington as an avid viewer of the programme i an wandering if it is possible to meet the stars seeing as i am british this is my only chance

star May 30th, 2000 01:38 PM

Pete, <BR> <BR>Why would you want to meet a bunch of strangers who would not want to be bothered?

KNoel May 30th, 2000 04:42 PM

I'm not sure if they're filming in August, but you could do a tour of the studios--Screen Gems Studios (910)675-8479--on Saturdays and Sundays. The tour director's name is James Crews. <BR> <BR>Sometimes if you hang out downtown,you'll spot one of your favorite stars!

Brian in Atlanta May 31st, 2000 05:12 AM

Pete, you also have a decent chance of seeing cast members at the bars on Wrightsville Beach. I have friends who live in Wilmington who have spotted the cast out partying during filming season (though I don't know when that is).

clued May 31st, 2000 05:25 AM

Dear Dawson's Creek Moron:You are coming here from overseas and this is what you want to do? Kill yourself now before someone has sex with you mistakenly and your progeny start roaming the earth scooping up N'Sync records and Britany Spears T-shirts

kems Jun 19th, 2000 02:19 PM

Just to let you know that your question interested my 14 yr old daughter (we'll be in the area in July -- Topsail Beach, NC), and I took a look at the responses to check out the possibility of a day trip into Wilmington to see a little bit of tv-in-action. I appreciate the note about touring the set. <BR>Good luck! <BR>

kems Aug 11th, 2000 09:05 AM

My cousin sent my daughter a clipping from the local Topsail Island newspaper - showed a photo of Dawson's Creek's Joshua Jackson standing beside a British tourist named Kim White. It reminded me of your hope to see the show being filmed, Pete. Good luck!

Andrew Taylor Oct 7th, 2000 07:39 AM

I am from England and I went to Wilmington in August and I met the cast. <BR>You can be an extra on the show if you are there long enough for them to sort you out a work Visa but I wasn't, so instead they took me to an outdoor shoot and let me hang out on set for a couple of hours. <BR>The tour is okay too and when they know you are from England they will probably let you do the tour on a weekday because they are very helpful. <BR>A guaranteed way to meet Josh Jackson is to go to the bar which he co-owns in Downtown Wilmington as he is there most nights because he says he feels safe there. The bar is called FireBelly's and he is there most nights just drinking and playing pool and he will let you have his photo done with him in the bar but just don't hassle him after that. <BR> <BR>Good Luck and I'm sure you'll like Wilmington, <BR>Andy <BR>England