Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know anything about buying custom fortune cookies at Golden Gate Fortune Cookie Company in San Francisco?

Search

Does anyone know anything about buying custom fortune cookies at Golden Gate Fortune Cookie Company in San Francisco?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2004, 11:09 AM
jenifer

I read in a guidebook (don't remember which) that if you provide the fortunes, you can buy custom fortune cookies there. The price indicated was approximately 50 cookies for $6.

My question - Do I actually have to provide the 50 strips of paper with the fortunes on them, or if I provide the words for the fortune, will they print them up for me?

Thanks to anyone who can provide more insight on this. I don't want to arrive in SF without the fortunes only to find I need them to get the custom cookies!

Old Jan 10th, 2004, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think they will print them. But why not phone in advance and ask them?

(415) 781-3956
7am-5pm Pacific time, 7 days/week
Old Jan 10th, 2004, 11:38 AM
jenifer

Yes, that would be a good idea. I should have thought of that first!quot;>

Thanks for providing the number. I'll post back what I find out in case anyone else is interested.

Old Jan 10th, 2004, 01:29 PM

I actually bought about 400 custom fortune cookies 3 years ago for my wedding (also bought the little containers for them) and gave them as favors. What you do is come up with your own fortune saying, we did something like "Thanks for sharing this special day with us" it can be whatever you want to say on it. We picked about 4 different things to put on them and then they do all the rest. I can say that the flavors at Fancy Fortune cookies were really good. I ordered vanilla and chocolate ones.

This is the company I bought from:

http://www.fancyfortunecookies.com/flavors.shtml
Old Jan 10th, 2004, 04:00 PM
jor

I paid for 100 fortunes in cookies and none of them came true. They all said I paid to be a loser!
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 03:50 AM

Many mail-order companies do personalized fortune cookies and will mail them to your home, so you don't need to do this in person in San Francisco. Run a search on the web for "personalized party favors" or "personalized forture cookies" and you will be amazed at the number of companies which do this.
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 09:24 AM
jenifer

OK, I finally took the time to call.

They have no minimum quantity for custom fortune cookes. The man on the phone told me to just ask the lady when we arrive if I could write a few fortunes and they will put them in cookies. I said I wanted around 10, and he said it would be a couple dollars.

Lenleigh and Cicerone - I've seen those and other fortune cookie sites online, but they are expensive! If I can get 50 for about $6 or 10 for a couple $ in person, I can't see paying $50 for 100 cookies as I've found online. Plus, I really only need a few. For those who have the opportunity to do it in person, it's a great cost saver!

Thanks again Marilyn for finding me the phone number.

Old Jan 12th, 2004, 09:34 AM

My pleasure, jenifer. (You know you can google "yellow pages" and the name of the city and usually find any phone number you want.)