Do not use United Limo Service in New York City and New Jersey

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2010, 05:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I used this service from Newark to Bayonne cruise terminal. The quoted price was $35.00 but part way there they raised the price to $50 plus taxes, tolls and tip. The car itself was hardly a "limo". It was old and beat up with dents and scratches all over it. Not a great way to start our curise and celebrate my wife's birthday.
Old Jun 1st, 2010, 05:30 AM

Sorry you had an unpleasant experience. However, many of us here are skeptical of first-time posters who post the same criticism of a company on several forums - makes you look loike a sour grapes competitor.
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 09:32 AM

Come on now Gail, either way he is entitled to his opinion. For whatever reason. I have not ridden in alot of limos, but I have ridden in them and I found that they treat you like a celebrity. The limo service companies are there to provide services that make you feel like a celeb, even when you're not.
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 10:05 AM

and I am skeptical of a first-time poster who brings up a months old post to tout a company
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 10:42 AM

His screen name is "kingswaycruiser" -- competitor, I would guess.
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 11:54 AM

Here's "Kingsway Cruise News": http://www.lincolngeneral.com/about/CruiseNews05_07.pdf "Kingsway Cruiser" could refer to an independent agent of Kingsway Financial Services, which apparently rewards some of its high-performing agents with cruises, as a performance incentive.

Kingsway Financial Services is an Ontario-based insurance company that primarily sells auto insurance to people who do not qualify for standard auto insurance, because of their payment history, driving record, or other reasons. They also provide commercial auto insurance products. Kingsway has been investigated for potential violations of federal securities laws, and there are many complaints online about their sending out fraudulent "sweepstakes winner" letters (see links below). This all makes Kingsway look like a sleazy operation, but probably not a competing limo company, right?

http://www.prlog.org/10485209-kingsw...stigation.html

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1111502AA4vpbi
http://www.ripoffreport.com/cash-ser...sent-e7s4c.htm
http://www.ripoffreport.com/bbb-bett...ices-4c79m.htm
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 12:15 PM

>>

I guess just being a "sleazy operation" doesn't mean you can't have an opinion about car services
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 05:11 PM

There is a big difference between a limo and a car service. there is no limo in the New York area for $35. that's not even much for a car service. And car services (or limos) are always plus toll and tip. They should not change prices or add tax.

If you had looked here before people would have reco'd Dial 7 or Carmel - which are car services - NOT limos - unless you pay a lot extra - but are reliable.
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 05:12 PM

There is a big difference between a limo and a car service. there is no limo in the New York area for $35. that's not even much for a car service. And car services (or limos) are always plus toll and tip. They should not change prices or add tax.

If you had looked here before people would have reco'd Dial 7 or Carmel - which are car services - NOT limos - unless you pay a lot extra - but are reliable.