DISNEYWORLD IN JULY,BEST ONSITE HOTEL

Old Mar 30th, 1997, 05:32 PM
JOE SUF

DISNEYWORLD IN JULY,BEST ONSITE HOTEL

I have heard that its not a good idea to go to WDW in July.Is there anyone that has visited in the summer months and has had a pleasant experience? We are going to stay at the Dixie Landings Resort and have heard mixed reviews on this resort. Is the transportation slow and is the restaurant "Boatwrights" any good?
There is so much information out there about the restaurants and hotels that I would like a personal opinion from a family traveler, we have a six year old.We are going to leave our child with one of the childcare centers for a night out. We heard that the Neverland Club at the Polynesian Resort was the best. Does anyone have a personal experience to share?

Old Apr 1st, 1997, 07:37 PM
Harold Silver

The Grand Floridian is in my opinion the finest on site hotel in Disneyworld. The staff is great...there are a variety of restuarants from a convenient buffet for the family to the superb Victoria and Albert's cuisine...the monorail is in the hotel on the second floor..Go.

Old Apr 3rd, 1997, 07:27 PM
Nancy

The Grand Floridian IS wonderful, but very pricey! It is convenient to stay at a Disney resort if you can - they are all great and some much more reasonable(Dolphin, etc.) than others. When visiting the parks, plan to go EARLY and hit the most popular rides first. By the afternoon it will be hot and crowded. If you can, leave the park, relax, and return in the late afternoon. It will be cooler, less crowded, and beautiful. Try to see the fireworks/laser light show at Epcot.

Old Apr 6th, 1997, 07:50 AM
Edward J. Chanda

My wife and I recently stayed at Dixie Landings. For the price range it was wonderful and we highly recommend it. It has a wonderful pool and slide which would be great for your 6 year old in afternoon once it gets to hot, not to mention an excellent pool side bar called Muddy waters. Boatwrites has an excellent breakfast, but we would not not recommend it for dinner. The food court at Dixie Landings has everything a little kid could want so use it frequently. As for best restaurant, you must take your child to Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary. Also there is a Pocahontas breakfast at the Wilderness Lodge. Do you and your wife a favor and go to the California Grill one night for dinner. The wine list is extensive and they let you try any of their selection by the glass. Not a bad option when the bottle costs $200.

Enjoy!

-Ed and Elaine

Old Apr 7th, 1997, 11:07 AM
bzeck

YES! WE too have stayed at the Dixie Landings and LOVED it! We have stayed at other in site hotels and were sorry that we weren't at D.Landings! It is a great hotel w/great staff and pools,food! The food court is EXCELLANT-it has many different types of food-all in 1 place-reasonable-and delicious! Have fun!