Disneyworld & Tampa - April 17

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2004, 12:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our plans are to fly in to Orlando and fly out of tampa. We need any recommendations for the following:

1. Accomodations in Disneyworld and Clearwater vicinity or coast that offers a kitchen, pool etc. in the under $150 range.
2. Car rental co that doesn't charge a drop off fee.
3. Where to buy the disney tickets?

Many thanks for your info.
Old Mar 13th, 2004, 12:46 PM
cd

Have you purchased your tickets yet? If you want to stay in the Clearwater area it is more reasonable to fly out of St Petersburg. It is closer. We stayed in Treasure Island for 18 days and can recommend the Island Inn http://www.islandinnresort.com/
They have efficiencies, one and two bedroom gulf front units that are wonderful. If you are AAA you'll get a discount. They have a pool and their beach is great. You can drive to Clearwater (15 miles) or St Pete just down the road.
Old Mar 13th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Original Poster

We have purchased our flights already. We always seem to do this and then figure out our way. We will have a car so we can get around. I will check out your accomodation suggestions.
Anything else?
Old Mar 14th, 2004, 09:20 AM
Original Poster

I have now looked into Treasure Island and the prices are OK during the week but on the weekend they almost double and are way too high for us. Can anyone recommend a nice place on the gulf coast within driving distance of Tampa that charges $150. Since we are travelling from Canada this is about as high as we would like to go in USD>
Many thanks for any help.
Old Mar 14th, 2004, 09:27 AM
cd

Shultzy
Call Treasure Island at 727-367-1926 and ask if they can give you a good weekly rate for their gulf front efficiency. They have a toll free number 1-800-241-9980 but I think you may be able to stike a better deal by calling the hotel direct which is the first number I gave you. Doesn't hurt to try. We were given a much better rate then was published.
Old Mar 14th, 2004, 09:28 AM
cd

The above is for the Island Inn on Treasure Island. Sorry....
Old Mar 15th, 2004, 07:17 AM
Original Poster

Hi cd, Thanks for the tip. It was the Island Inn web site that gave me the rates but I will call them directly.
Anyone else have suggestions within driving distance of Tampa that is worth checking out for 5 days accomodations.
Many thanks,
Old Mar 15th, 2004, 07:55 AM

try wdwig.com...also type in disney world in the search area..and same for Clearwater or St Pete Beach...there is a new hotel(in the park and can't remember the name) that is about the same as the All Star Resort in Disney and reasonable..and AAA in US offers some rental homes for rent..have flown into one airport and out of another FL airport and there was no drop off charge..check out orbitz.com daily for a deal..got a car a few weeks ago out of Tampa for a total of $137 for a week..by doing that..there are alot more disney websites inc....their own..
Old Mar 15th, 2004, 09:46 AM

I don't know what rates you might get now but I highly recommend the Clearwater Beach Hotel (clearwaterbeachhotel.com) if you want to stay in Clearwater. They have some efficiencies that have kitchen facilities.

I believe National often will drop drop-off fees. If you can't find someone who will drop the fees, there is a shuttle that drives from Tampa to Orlando -- search this website for that information which was in a previous post. I don't know the costs. Also, Amtrak has a stop in Winter Park, which is about three miles from downtown, and goes to Tampa. Check it out.

In St. Petersburg Beach, the Bonaire has great accomodations, very reasonable, apartments & efficiencie. It is a few hotels from the elegant Don Cesar.

Let us know how things work out

Old Mar 15th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all your help. If I need more help I will come back on line and I will definately post after the holiday.
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 12:05 PM

Check out Priceline for Disney area hotels. I stayed at the Marriot World Center 4 and a half stars for $80 a night. Beautiful place and it is right down the street from Disney World. Great location to everything. I would offer the same suggestion for Clearwater. Almost everything on Clearwater beach will be the same distance from TIA.