Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Disneyland with a toddler--need help!! (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/disneyland-with-a-toddler-need-help-879444/)

kxorr Feb 24th, 2011 09:12 PM

Disneyland with a toddler--need help!!

Hello. My toddler is desperate to have "breakfast with the princesses" at Disneyland. I made reservations for two meals at the Grand Californian, and I'm now not sure I did the correct thing. I have read a number of guidebooks and I have been getting conflicting information from my travel agent, friends and the guidebooks, and I wonder if that is because the location of this particular "Character Breakfast" has changed (from some sources, it seems like maybe the place to be is Ariel's Grotto--which means I need to get Park Hopper tickets to go to California Adventure). Can anyone tell me for sure where the breakfast (or other meal) that involves some number of Disney princesses is located? I will have one very sad toddler on my hands if we miss our sole purpose for heading to Disney!

Any other suggestions for toddler (age 3.5) rides, activities, etc. (survival tips!) are most welcome.

Thanks in advance!
-kxorr
p.s. We will be going to Disneyland next week.

janisj Feb 24th, 2011 09:31 PM

The Story Tellers Cafe is at the Grand Californian. Chip 'n Dale are the hosts there.

As far as I know, Ariel's Grotto is the only venue for the Princess Breakfasts and Lunches.

I'd think one meal at each would be perfect for your little girl -- but the Princess meals are definitely @ Ariel's Grotto.

kxorr Feb 24th, 2011 10:21 PM

Thanks so much for your prompt reply...I guess I need to get tickets to California Adventure!

travelbuff Feb 25th, 2011 12:17 AM

For lots more info on all things Disney, try the www.disboards.com and www.mousesavers.com sites. You will get tons of all the up to date info there as well as suggetions on how not to get your pocket picked quite so much by Disney,

All that said I love Disney as well and have been to Disneyland and Disney World several times and loved it each time.

Have a lovey time.

onemoneygirl Feb 25th, 2011 05:10 AM

One of the hardest things about taking my boys to Disneyland for the first time was that they had definate ideas of which rides they wanted to go on because they had watched the "planning video" multiple times. The attractions, for example, the autopia cars and Pirates of the Caribbean are in separate "lands" and quite far away from each other. I had to show them on the map, and make a game out of " what ride do we come to next?" so that they weren't incredibly frustrated!

Everyone has their own theories about how to "do" Disneyland... it has always worked well for us to start out early in Disneyland for the teacups, Dumbo, Peter Pan, and those fantasyland rides and then to head to the rest of the park early in the day, heading over to California Adventure around 2 when Disneyland starts to get congested. We always like to go back to Disneyland at night for the teacups and Small World. Do make reservations for the "World of Color" at CA.. lots of princesses in that and its a great show... you will want your daughter in her stroller so you dont have to carry her the whole time, its a long show but well worth it.

Enjoy !