Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Madison Square Garden - Advice on where to sit for Knicks game please!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2013, 05:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello

I am looking for some guidance on where to get seats in Madison Square Garden for New Yorks Knicks v Dallas Mavericks game in February. I am addled at the moment!

I have never been to MSG and do not want to spend more than $250 each on the tickets.

The best seats so far appear to me to be either section 110 (row 17 seat 1& 2) for $167 or section 225 row 3 for $151. Other options that look quite good to me are section 8 (row 17 seat 15&16), section 2 (row 10, seat 1&2) or section 1 (row 14, seat 1&2) – prices range for these from $198 - $223.

We both like to watch basketball but would not be huge fans that need a close up courtside seat! However, we are travelling from Ireland and are unlikely to be in NY for a basketball game any time soon. As a result, we would like decent enough seats….but without breaking the bank. I would rather spend a bit extra if it made a big difference to the quality (prices I have above range from $151 - $223).

Any advice on seats would be much appreciated – I am finding it very hard to tell which to go for!
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 05:47 AM

Sections 1, 2 and 8 are at the ends of the court and really bad - you will be able to see much of only the half of the game at that end.

Of the others I think 110 is least bad - 225 is way too far away - but still not seats I would take. We had season tickets for a while some years ago and were midcourt in the 3 rd row after the first walkway around - those were fairly good seats but I'm assuming they're now someone else's season tickets. They were a reasonable combination of decent view and not too expensive(First and 2nd row after walkway are not great since you have people's heads interfering with your view as they wander around to get to beer, food or toilet.)

If it were me and I was doing only one game I would go to the resale market and look for seats at midcourt in that section - definitely below the second walkway. Not sure what the cost would be - but for one game does i t really mater?
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 08:05 AM

Use this: http://knicks.io-media.com/
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 09:01 AM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Also check www.stubhub.com . Many season ticket holders sell unwanted tickets there.
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 09:30 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
For Knicks tickest I personally wouldn't use stubhub . . . I'd use Ticketsnow.com

(I've received that advice from management members of two other NBA teams.)