Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Disneyland for one night...We want convenience!!

Old Jun 8th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Three sisters and 4 kids ranging from 6 to 18 will be going to Disneyland for just one night in high priced July. We are looking at the Disneyland Hotel and the Paradise Pier...both on Disney Resort property. Which hotel is easier for going back and forth to Disneyland?

I remember that staying at the Disneyland Hotel had that great monorail, which seemed really convenient...but that was 12 years ago. We plan to buy the two day hopper.

What are your suggestions and where should we look for the best deals? Thanks!!
Old Jun 8th, 2008, 01:23 PM

The very best is Grand California hotel. They have an entrance directly into California Adventures. Disneyland Hotel has the monorail, and you walk through the Downtown Disney to get to it from the hotel, this is fun and easy. The Paradise Pier would be my 3rd choice, it is a bit further.

Elaine
Old Jun 8th, 2008, 02:57 PM

We stayed at Paradise Pier and it was good enough for us. Really not much of a walk to Disneyland. You can just walk out the door, cross the street to Grand Californian, then your as close as you can get. Disneyland is much easier to manage and get to and around than Disneyworld.
Old Jun 8th, 2008, 04:02 PM

after staying many years at both, the California is right there. You are so close your feet will thank you. Disneyland hotel is good and much better and much closer the Paradise Pier, but still a block or 2 walk from the Disneyland entrance. California is pricey for location, and it is well worth it.
I have friends who can let there older kids hang out at the parks and know there kids are close also. Do not pick Paradise over Disneyland hotel it is much farther.

Have fun!!

Old Jun 8th, 2008, 06:38 PM

You did not mention the California Grand? Is it out of budget? I went there in December and loved every minute of it.

I have also stayed at the Disneyland and Paradise Pier. I would choose the Disneyland for the pool alone - the kids might enjoy that for a late night swim or mid afternoon between parks.

Enjoy
Old Jun 8th, 2008, 07:57 PM

Two words. Disneyland Hotel. Nothing More.

PS: Just go there! Trust me, you'll love it!
Old Jun 8th, 2008, 08:05 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
The Grand Californian is nicer than the Disneyland Hotel -- but also costs more. Either would be fine -- it mainly depends on your budget.
Old Jun 8th, 2008, 08:11 PM

The Grand is much nicer then the Disneyland but yes, it is more costly. Sometimes by a lot. If you can swing it definately try to stay at the Grand - they have rooms with bunk beds and that can help to fit more in a room.

Enjoy - I am one of those strange adults that loves Disneyland
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 06:56 AM

If you want to eat at hotel or surrounding restaurants, book NOW! Those hotels and surrounding restaurants will be jam-packed. I knew they would be when we spent an evening outside Disneyland but I was shocked by just how crowded it was - verging on the need for some serious crowd-control.

Still, it is the happiest place on Earth - enjoy.
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 10:31 AM

The monorail is a short walk (maybe two blocks equivalent) to the Disneyland Hotel. The monorail drops you off inside Disneyland (back end of Tomorrowland, next to Autopia). However for a number of reasons, the monorail is closed from time to time. So you may have a walk down the length of Downtown Disney to th Disneyland Hotel (not really that far).

I don't think the Paradise Pier is all that convenient. You can also stay on Harbor Blvd directly across from the theme park, it's about the same distance.

Old Jun 9th, 2008, 01:37 PM

mlgb that is an excellent point.

I stayed at the fairfield inn with my two daughters a few months back. It was right across the street and very cheap.
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 02:27 PM

The Grand Californian is very nice and VERY convenient, opening right out to the downtown Disney area, we loved our stay at the hotel and this past December dined at Napa Rose, a lovely place for dinner! ***kim***
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 03:01 PM

Kim we also dined there in December and I was so impressed with our meal!