Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Disneyland fireworks from Downtown Disney (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/disneyland-fireworks-from-downtown-disney-901074/)

Scootoir Aug 1st, 2011 09:58 AM

Disneyland fireworks from Downtown Disney

We will be at one of the Downtown Disney restaurants in Anaheim this week and would like to see the fireworks. Can anyone suggest a good spot to view them? We thought about the ticketing area between the two parks and understand we will not hear the music. Is there a better place without paying D-land admission?

I searched on the Dis Boards website without much luck. And I am much more comfortable on Fodors.

Wellvis Aug 1st, 2011 10:40 AM

I'd go for the parking lot just north of Downtown Disney or the top of the parking structure. I searched other recommendations and found these:

Disney’s Boardwalk
With the close proximity to Epcot theme park, Disney’s Boardwalk is a perfect place to watch the Illumination at night show. You can stroll along the boardwalk and check out various shops around the lake. The best location is the bridge that connect the walkways between the Disney Boardwalk Villas , Disney’s Yacht Club resort and Disney’s Beach Club resort.

The California Grill at the Contemporary
You can enjoy fabulous meal at the California Grill before or after the Wishes Firework show. The restaurant will pipe in the music to go along with the show. Don’t do this while you are hungry because there will be no food service during the firework show to prevent your food from getting cold.
The Beach in front of the Polynesian resort
Bring your blanket and enjoy the show by the beach in the Polynesian resort with music from the park pipe to the speakers hidden in the bushes along the beach.

The Narcoossee at the Grand Floridian resort
Another restaurant option for viewing the Wishes firework outside the park is The Narcoossee restaurant. It is located inside the Grand Floridian resort. Make your reservation at nightfall to enjoy the spectacular view of the firework.

RoamsAround Aug 1st, 2011 11:00 AM

I believe Wellvis is giving information on where to view the fireworks at Walt Disney World (Florida) while OP was asking about Disneyland (California).

globetrotterxyz Aug 1st, 2011 12:16 PM

I don't know if this is <i>the best</i> place to view them, but we usually like to view them from the area in front of Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen/next to House of Blues. There are no buildings or trees blocking anything.

The ticketing area between the two parks, like you said, probably works, although we've never tried watching from there.

I think I've seen people also gathering behind/close to ESPN Zone (the pathway connecting to one of the Downtown Disney parking lots).

mlgb Aug 3rd, 2011 04:28 PM

No music outside the park, sorry.

They are very nice fireworks, though. Worth seeing even without the music.

Scootoir Aug 4th, 2011 10:22 PM

Update: the server at dinner recommended the top deck of the Disneyland parking lot. He said the deck overlooks the area where the fireworks are shot off and it really was a great location for viewing. There were a number of people up there with high end cameras on tripods to shoot the fireworks and a small but congenial crowd.