Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Disney World-Value resorts help (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/disney-world-value-resorts-help-642881/)

almc Aug 29th, 2006 04:29 PM

Disney World-Value resorts help

Hi,
I have a Disney delema, I have reservations at Pop(for November) since March and have stayed there before and was pleased...well just heard from our travel person who said Disney is running a deal with the All star Music or Sport which would drop our package price by $240....don't know what to do...willing to spend the money if Pop is the best...anyone stayed at the other two and what are your thoughts on them....anyone stayed at all of them...what do you think?? stay with Pop since new, have been there before or switch to get savings?
Thank You.
Amy

tracys2cents Aug 29th, 2006 05:18 PM

Were pleased with our recent stay at All Star Sports, the room had recently been renovated. We stayed at the rear part of the basketball section and were happy we weren't in the more expensive rooms (overlooking the NOISY pool area). The bus service from Sports is apparently better than from POP, we heard people from POP complaining. But they pick up Sports first so plenty of seats, and drop off Sports first so no stops on the way.

Friends who stayed at All Star Movies around the same time said their room hadn't been renovated so maybe we just got lucky, but for $240 I'd say go for it, you can have some fun with that $$$.

bobbysue Aug 29th, 2006 05:27 PM

We stayed in All-Star Music in December, and I thought the room was a little run down. That being said, if you aren't in the room any more than we were, what difference does it make? It was convenient to the lobby, etc. We had a car rented, so I can't say about the convenience of the transportation. Personally I would stay at Music or Sports and spend the money on other things.

odywithaj Aug 29th, 2006 05:51 PM

I have stayed at all three, very similar experiences.. rented a car though instead of riding bus. The bus can be lengthy waits, (we do not have children)It is something to consider if your children are not the patient type, also totally budget dependant.

almc Aug 29th, 2006 06:17 PM

odywithaj:
Just wondering since you have stayed at all three...if you had to choose based on cleanliness and comments on being run down, which would you choose or would you just keep POP feeling it is worth the extra money over the others?
Thanks for your response.
Amy

raindrop Sep 1st, 2006 01:15 PM

Hi,

I have stayed at All Star Music and Pop, both at busy times of the year. The biggest difference I noticed was in the food court - it is much better at Pop Century. Also, Pop Century does have its own bus line but it also has as many guest (I think) as the three All-Star resorts combined. Pools and ambience is about the same.