Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Disney World - Heads Up for a GOOD price!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 12:23 PM
JJ5
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are considering a WDW Orlando vacation to the Mouse this year, you REALLY might want to make it before June ends.

Not only do they have the best special offer that I have ever seen until March 29- but now they have one until June's end- that is almost as good.

Seriously, with their buy 4, get 3 free deal with combo of tickets and food included- the cost for a family of four is literally halved.

In the last 3 days I have helped 3 different families with 5 to 10 year olds- families of four- book with Parkhopper upgrades- and up another whole level of lodging within WDW, and the food- for an entire week for exactly 1/2 of the costs of what this was estimated at during 2008.

I have no idea what will happen after June!

But if you had some plans- and they were not solidified- you need to book before 1/24/09. The WDW sites are tricky. You need to go through the special offers entry and only go through the buy 4, get 3 porthole- so to speak.

All these people got air fare separate as SW had the $83 a person deal from Chicago to Orlando. That group/categaory are now, almost completely gone for June.

All 3 families got to go up a resort level, as well. It IS affordable with this special offer.
Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 09:14 PM

Just saw this on MouseSavers:

2009 Special Ticket Offer for Military

Walt Disney World has rolled out a special ticket deal for military guests, valid 1/4/09-12/23/09. Each qualifying Military Service member* will receive a complimentary 5-Day "Disney's Armed Forces Salute Ticket" with Park Hopper and Water Park Fun & More Options. To receive the FREE ticket, visit any theme park Guest Relations window and show proper ID.

In addition, up to 5 guests of the Military Service member can purchase a $99 (plus tax) "Disney Armed Forces Salute Companion" ticket. This is a 5-Day Base Ticket. Companions can add on Park Hopper and/or Water Park Fun & More Options for $25 (plus tax) per option, which is half the regular price.

Guests can pre-purchase the companion tickets (in the form of an exchange voucher) at Shades of Green or at a military base, TAX-FREE! The exchange voucher is then taken to a theme park Guest Relations window, where it is exchanged for the actual ticket.

The companion tickets can be purchased at the theme park Guest Relations windows, but if you do this, you must pay tax.

*This offer is available to anyone on active duty in the US Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, National Guard or Reserve, and retired military. Activated members of the National Guard and Reservists must present active duty orders in addition to valid military ID. You must have been active for any length of time between 1/1/08 and 12/23/09. Dept of Defense (CIA, FBI, Secret Service) and Coalition Forces are excluded.

Entire party must be present at time of purchase, except that spouse and military dependants can receive the companion discount without the military service member being present, if they can show proper dependent military ID. Offer available once per service member during the offer period.

Tickets expire 12/23/09. No Expiration Option cannot be added to these tickets. Complimentary tickets cannot be upgraded in any way. Companion tickets may be upgraded to Premium, Annual or Seasonal Passes. (Seasonal Pass upgrade requires proof of Florida residency.) No other upgrades, such as adding additional days, will be available.

http://www.mousesavers.com/wdwtixdis....html#military
Old Jan 4th, 2009, 10:28 AM

Thanks you two. I was just telling my husband last night that I wanted to take my great niece and since my husband is retired Army this makes it even better.
Old Jan 4th, 2009, 11:12 AM
JJ5
Original Poster

Yes, thanks xrae. With this military special offer, there may be occasions, where the family would not need to extend longer to get the 3 free days.

That's fabulous. And I truly appreciate too that Disney has decided to do these specials, and also especially to give our military such a nice perk, and well deserved.

One of my families just booked are over the moon, because they did not have any conception that they could afford a 7 day WDW package plus the airfare and with Magic Your Way Food level of choice. They had only gone to a travel agent and briefly read mousesavers but not in enough depth to understand all of the combination of discounts involved.

And they were going to go to the Dells and a super water park in June for only 5 days for more money because they thought they couldn't afford the WDW trip. And they have never been- those kids are 10 and 8.

They'll love it.
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 05:10 AM

patandhank, if you haven't yet done so, check out Shades of Green, which is a fabulous bargain.
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 11:47 AM

For those who don't know, Shades of Green is a resort for military families located on the grounds of WDW. http://allears.net/acc/faq_sog.htm