Disney's Vero Beach

Sep 1st, 2006, 12:15 PM
Original Poster

Disney's Vero Beach

We're thinking of going to Disney's Vero Beach next March the week before Easter with two teen girls, myself and husband. Has anyone been here? Would love to hear about it! Thanks!
Sep 1st, 2006, 06:07 PM

I've been to Vero Beach many times - not the Disney version - but thought you'd like to know the ocean will be too cold for swimming in March. If pools are all you're interested in, that won't matter.
Sep 2nd, 2006, 04:52 AM

Hi,
How old are your teenagers? We stayed at Disney Vero Beach resort about 5 years ago. We loved it. At that time our kids were 6 and 10. There are tons of things to do on the property. The only problem is, I think they cater to younger kids. I'm not sure my kids would be as happy there now 5 years later. I would call to see what activities they have for older kids. the property is lovely, the food was good. The pool was great The kids went off every night and did there own thing thing with organized activities. We were even able to leave them to go off property, and have an "adult dinner" I hope this helped.
Sep 2nd, 2006, 06:30 AM
Original Poster

The teens are 16 and 17 year old girls. They said they have some teen activities. Any other suggestions in Florida would be welcome. We're looking for somewhere that has at least two rooms as one of the teens is not related and we could also use our space! Thanks for any help!
Sep 2nd, 2006, 07:25 AM

My brother in law lived there for many years. My kids got pretty bored there after a few days. The resort may be nice, but unless you do a little driving around, there's not much to Vero beach for that age.
Sep 3rd, 2006, 03:43 AM

Vero Beach is a pretty quiet place. If I had my choice,with those age teenagers I would probably stay further south. Ft.Lauderdale would be fun for them. The only problem is,you should probably find out when spring break is. The state of Florida has rolling spring break thru out the state. The teens probalby wouldn't mind the spring breakers. But you would for sure!!
Sep 3rd, 2006, 02:16 PM

Do you have to stay at a beach? I know my teenagers' favorite place was always Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando, on the Universal grounds. Great pool, cool atmosphere, a short walk to Universal Studios and Islands of Adevnture, and to City Walk (which is free) - they thought it was great!
Sep 4th, 2006, 06:26 AM
Original Poster

The reason we were picking Vero is a couple of years ago we went to Orlando during Easter Break and the crowds were unbelievable - we waited 45 minutes just to get in to Sea World. Fast Passes at Disney were gone in the first hour. We love Orlando when our vacation doesn't coincide with Easter Week.
Nov 24th, 2006, 10:44 AM

We just returned from a stay at Disney's Vero Beach.
My 5 year old daughter loved it! Thet have a campfire with singing and smores at night. During the day they have a long itinerary of kids activities, as well as an evening "drop off' kids club so parents can have dinner out. My DH and I enjoyed the Glowtini's at the bar there overlooking the ocean, then ate dinner at their upscale restaurant called Sonyas.
Nov 24th, 2006, 09:14 PM

Check out the Disney Vacation club (DVC) rental forum at www.disboards.com - you might save money by renting someone's DVC points. We did this when we stayed at the Beach Club resort at WDW and it was quite a savings.
Dec 10th, 2007, 04:48 PM

Topping in case anyone has something new to add.

We're thinking about this for a couple of nights next July.

Any recent experiences?
Dec 12th, 2007, 03:05 PM

We stayed at Disney's Vero Beach resort in June 2007 for two nights and our family loved it. The beach was clean and the resort was very relaxing and nice. I had no complaints and will definitely go back when I get the chance.

Here's a good link with information and photos:
http://www.buildabettermousetrip.com...verobeach.html