Disney Polynesian or Beach/Yacht Club

Old Oct 10th, 2006, 05:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disney Polynesian or Beach/Yacht Club

I am going to Disney June 9 for 1 week. I splurged and reserved a 2 bdrm suite at the Polynesian however after further research I am finding that the Beach or Yacht club may have been a better choice. My kids will be 7 and 3 and the pool looks incredible at the Beach club. So my question: which is the better hotel. I know is closest to MK and the other Epcot but if you have to base it just on the hotel itself which is a nicer place to stay. In addition, if I had to chose between the Beach and Yacht club, what would be your preference. Thanks!
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 06:05 AM

YC/BC has the better pool but the pool at the Poly is very good (and newer). YC/BC is "nicer" overall in that it is relatively newer but the Poly has renovated many rooms in recent years. Don't underestimate the value of being close to MK and on the monorail (easy access to MK and Epcot). My kids thought of the monorail as their favorite ride when they were 3 and 7.

As for YC vs. BC, you'll find more families at BC. The atmosphere is a bit more adult at the YC because its theming tends to attract more adults (without kids).

If it were me, I'd stick with the Poly unless you plan to spend a lot of time at the pool rather than the parks.
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 06:27 AM

Yes the pool at the beach club is excellent but when we stayed there when the kids were that age, they spent most of their time in the pretty mundane kiddie pool. In my opinion, the convenience of the Polynesian outweighs the pool issue.
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 07:00 AM

We have stayed at the Poly twice with our granddaughters.. who were each 5 at the time. It was very convenint to take the monorail to the park and the boat back.

We upgraded to the concierge level which worked out great. It also included breakfast, afternoon snacks and much more .
The absolute best site for info on the Poly is here:

http://tikiman2001.homestead.com/index.html
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 08:23 AM

Stormalong Bay is a lot of fun for the kids. But, because it is so spread out, it is difficult to keep tabs on them. My 5 year old is a decent swimmer and I had no problem letting him use the slide. But, in order to do so, he needs to go from the pool, across the public walkway, then up the winding staircase.

The pool the slide lets into is fairly deep, so you wind up go back and forth from the walkway to the pool. At the Polynesian, I can watch him the whole way and see when it's his turn on the slide.

Also, we found that the Polynesian location is far better for an easy visit to the Magic Kingdom in the morning, an afternoon break for lunch and a swim, and then a return to the park around 5 or 6.

Old Oct 10th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Original Poster

Wow- thanks for the info. I am going to keep my current reser at the Polynesian. Thanks for such a quick response!!