Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Disney Hollywood Studios in Orlando- Pls review!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2008, 04:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have never been to this park and have always been told not to bother with this park. If I am not interested in Tower of Terror or the Rocknroller coaster, is it worth seeing the park at all. What are the other attractions at this park? I don't like rollercoasters. Thanks
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 05:25 AM

Only been to WDW once (Christmas 2007) so I am no expert but since you asked...

This turned out to be a half day park for us. We did ride all the rollercoasters since we love them.

The park is worth going to for Fantasmic itself - DH liked it even more than Illuminations in Epcot (and we even saw the xtra special version only shown 2ce/yr).

Also worth seeing is the Muppets 3D and the Lights Action Stunt show. We watched the Indiana Jones Stunt show too and while it was good, don't know that we'd see it again.

Of course it depends on who's in your party, how many days you have, etc. We were also there during the reputedly busiest week of the year and we found this park was least able to accommodate the crowds.
Have a fab trip.

Enjoy-la!
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 07:28 AM

You have to see it! It is a fun, the park lots of "streetsmesphere"....New York Street is cool to see. There is also the Great Movie ride (lots of movie memorbilia)and The BAcklot tour (more movie memorbilia), The Stunt show and one of my favorite restaurants The Brown Derby. Even if you don;t do coasters it is a must see. You can do it in half a day then take the water taxi to Epcot. It's an airconditioned 15 minute beautiful trip. The boat leaves you off in the BAck of The World Showcase by the bridge...to the left is the UK and to the right is France.
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 07:45 AM

I don't know the ages of those in your party, but we really like the Studios. Have been there with "kids" ages 18 months to 11yo plus 20s, 30s, 60. I do not like the rollercoaster or tower of terror either, but do enjoy the shows. Top attractions on our list are the Great Movie Ride, Muppet-Vision 3D and the Indiana Jones Show. The parade is always fun too. We missed the Motor stunts show (forget actual name) last time. The Beauty & the Beast stage show is good too. You could easily do a 1/2 day here, and leave open to spend all day or head to Epcot (boat is fun as mentioned in an earlier post). Last trip we hit our resort pool in tbe morning, then went over about noon and stayed through Fantasmic. Very easy to fill 8 hours.
You might get more Disney-specific feedback on the Disboards.
Have a great trip!
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 06:48 AM

It depends on the ages going, I think for older kids/ and adults is it good but for younger kids I would choose Animal Kingdom or Magic Kingdom. I live near Disney and we have yet to take our 5 yr old. Hollywood Studios has tours to what backstages look like they have live shows and a few rides but not much for little kids.