Reload this Page >

Disney - All Star, Coronado Springs or Port Orleans

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 1998, 11:34 PM
Alma

Comments requested on Disney's Budget & moderate resorts - can't decide on All-Star, Coronado Springs or Port Orleans. Will be staying 8 nights in August with 2 kids - 15 & 8. Wondering if the buses are crowded at the bigger resorts. Thank you!

Old May 21st, 1998, 02:32 PM
Anne

I would not overlook Dixie Landings, you know that when you stay at Dixie you can walk or boat over to Port Orleans and use their facilities. The pool at Port is cute but not exciting for older kids. Dixie is better and the pool area is more fun. Why don't you do 4 nights at Dixie and 4 at Coronado. I'm staying at Coronado in July. Hear it is great. AllStars has more crowded rooms. Feel free to email me for more info.

Old May 22nd, 1998, 06:16 AM
anna

We have stayed at all of the above and prefer the moderate priced to the "All Stars". I consider myself to very picky about cleanliness and I was not impressed with the All Star Music. Sorry, I think it was worth the extra few dollars. You'll have a great time-I love Disney!

Old May 27th, 1998, 04:36 AM
S Neat

I agree with Anna. The extra dollars to stay in one of Disney's moderately priced resorts is worth it. My wife and I were not happy with the maid service at the All-Star either. I've been to the Dixie Landings and the Carrabian Beach and would recommend them over the All-Star resorts. Also, I'm sure the new Corronado Springs resort and the Port Orleans are just as nice as the other moderately priced hotels.

Old May 30th, 1998, 11:12 PM
lee krischel

I've stayed at Dixie Landings twice that i've been
it was great, especially for the price last time i took my 14yr. old cousin along, he really enjoyed the four different pools and i love the pathways and the whole atmosphere!

Old Jun 1st, 1998, 08:33 PM
Debbie

I took my two kids 9 and 12 and we stayed at the All Star Sports Baseball. No complaints. That one is close to a pool also. All Star is supposed to be near the new Amimal Kingdom and Blizzard Beach. Also they are in the process of building a new All Star Movie so that should be nice. The shuttle service was great, the longest wait we had was 20min after the illuminations at Epcot. Fantastic place to go. Don't miss Typhoon Lagoon! Any questions Email me. Have Fun!!!!

Old Jun 2nd, 1998, 06:41 PM
Carol

Have been to Disneyworld since it opened...have stayed at all the above plus...my choice would definitely be Port Orleans, the music and sports hotels are similar to any chain motels..nothing special, the Coronado is too big, a true resort complex, which leaves Port Orleans...it has the flavor of New Orleans and a "cool" pool for the family. You will have to take bus transportation at any of the above hotels, but PO is shortest distance. You can walk to Dixie Landing, another hotel similar to Port Orleans. All of Disney hotels have specific themes...it's fun just going to check out each hotel. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to e mail me. Have fun.

Old Jun 14th, 1998, 11:57 AM
John

I have stayed at the All-Star Sports [baseball] and just got back from Port Orleans. I liked both resorts but Port Orleans pool was better, there is a sit down restaurant, bigger rooms although not that much bigger and I thought it was better laid out. We were in one of the outlaying buildings at Port Orleans and it was still just a short walk to the pool busses and retaurants. We walked over to Dixie Landings and it just seemed too big and whenever the resorts shared busses Port Orleans guests were picked up and dropped off first so you had a better chance of getting a seat and got back to your resort sooner.

Old Jun 15th, 1998, 07:19 AM
Kevin McIlhinney

I agree DIXIE LANDINGS or CORONADO SPRINGS are your best bet,the pool areas are bigger and a lot more fun!! Both Resorts are unique in thre own way. Best two lower budget hotels in DW. Do yourself a favor rent a car, the buses can be tedious. HAVE FUN!!

Old Jun 16th, 1998, 05:54 PM
Andy

I stayed at Port Orleans with my wife and three sons. We like it very much. It is a relatively compact resort so it is not a long walk to the food area for morning coffee, etc. The buses stop at Port Orleans and then travel to Dixie Landings on their way to the parks. Several times the buses would be full and would then go straight to the parks.
You really can't go wrong anywhere, but at Disney, and anywhere else, you get what you pay for.

Old Jun 17th, 1998, 03:41 PM
Jill

Last June my husband and I along with our 2 children went to DisneyWorld. We stayed at the
All Sports Resort. We had a great time. We plan
to go back next year. The next time we plan to stay at Coronado Springs or Dixie Landing.
The All Sports was Ok. We didn't spend to much
time in our room. I think the rooms could have been cleaned better. We loved Magic Kingdom,MGM. I enjoyed the water parks also.
Take time to relax between going to the theme
parks. It's wonderful but very tiring!