Reload this Page >

Hotel in San Fransisco

Search

Hotel in San Fransisco

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 1999, 12:48 AM
Andy

Hotel in San Fransisco

I'm looking for a reasonable quality hotel for our first 2 or 3 nights in San Fransisco.
Preferably downtown or convenient for doing the touristy things. We're not looking for the cheapest but don't need to go 5 star! Any help would be appreciated.
Andy

Old Jan 16th, 1999, 04:53 AM
Cindy

Several years back we stayed at a small inn right downtown, called the Petite Auberge. It is run, I think, by a family who owns several other inns and bed and breakfasts in Calif. It was charming, the room we had was very small, but it includes breakfast and the breakfast room was gorgeous. Their phone number is 800 365 3004.

Old Jan 16th, 1999, 11:46 AM
raeona

We stayed at the Chancellor on Union Square last spring, and I'd go there again. It's an older property, nicely upgraded. I believe they are running a $98 special rate into the spring sometime.

Old Jan 16th, 1999, 07:48 PM
Kathy

The Kimco Hotel Group has a number of nicely renovated, small "boutique" hotels within two to three blocks of Union Square. Some are less expensive than others, but on the whole they represent good value for money. Ones I've personally experienced, and would recommend, include the Vintage Court on Bush St., Galleria Park on Sutter St., the Prescott on Post St. and the Sir Francis Drake, just off Union Sq.

Old Jan 18th, 1999, 04:50 PM
steve

You might also consider the Juliana, the Donatello or the Villa Florence. All are nice hotels in good locations that are not as pricey as the Ritz Carlton, Campton Place or Mandarin Oriental

Old Jan 19th, 1999, 01:12 AM
Andy

Many thanks for all of the above information - we certainly have enough there to go on.
Andy

Old Jan 19th, 1999, 04:14 PM
Jim Nabors

Hotel Monaco. Don't miss it. The other
hotels listed are second rate.