Reload this Page >

Disney Accomodations for a family of three and two grandparents

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10th, 2000, 07:42 AM
lydia

Please give me your suggestions for on park hotels and outside of the park hotels.

We have a moderate/luxury budget and would prefer all staying in one unit.

Thank you.

Old Aug 10th, 2000, 08:16 AM
Jeanette

Lydia: If you are doing a moderate budget there are ALL kinds of different
places on property that are nice for all of you to stay together. My good friend had 7 extended family members stay right on Lake B.Vista in the Yacht Club (suites)and said that all the new places around the Yacht Club are just as nice. These are more luxury than moderate but worth it for living arrangement set-ups. Also the restaurants in that area are very good and not extremely crowded as some in the parks. The only ones I would avoid are the All-SPORTS etc. kinds of arrangements and also the Contempory and
Polynesian as they are too much in the traffic pattern and worn on the edges, in my opinion.

Old Aug 10th, 2000, 11:20 AM
MB

Have to agree about the All Star Movies and Sports, they are beat up and noisy.

Old Aug 10th, 2000, 11:36 AM
Lily

Lydia,
2 years ago we stayed at the Double Tree Suites on Disney property. There were 4 adults and one 12 year old. It's a nice location with a pool and lounge. We prefer to eat out, but there are microwaves and coffee pots in room. We had a rental car and as I don't like waiting on buses we drove 10 minutes to the parks each day. Have fun.

Old Aug 10th, 2000, 12:48 PM
Joy in Virginia

Check out info at Deb wills site www.wdwig.com, also go2orlando.com and hotelkingdom.com have info on hotels all over in all price ranges. There are many suite-type hotels close to WDW with free shuttles. Of course, advantage of staying on property is free Disney transport. BIG advantage

Old Aug 12th, 2000, 05:49 PM
Tara

I would recommend Holiday Inn Family Suites. The price for a suite that accommodates 6 costs $109 for the kid suite that has complimentary shuttle to all the disney parks, free breakfast buffet, kids eat free for lunch and dinner when ordering off the kids menu. There is planned family activities at night such as family bingo and karioke for the grandparents and kids. The web site is www.hifamilysuites.com

I think you would enjoy these accomodations as well as the money you save on car rental, food etc.

Have a great vacation!!!!!

Old Aug 13th, 2000, 11:43 AM
Kirby

Have you looked into Disney’s Wilderness Cabins? Not cheap (approx $200/night) but roomy 1-bedroom cabins with Murphy bed in living room. Double bed and bunks in bed room. Full kitchen saves some $. The real difference is the quiet, woodsy setting complete with an occasional critter rustling outside. The bus service is okay but I’d opt for a car to get there faster. The resort actually has enough stuff (pool, petting zoo, country store, restaurant, water park...) to give a day to. It’s not your cup of tea if you need an elevator, room service, coffee shop and lobby. The Wilderness Cabins are a wonderful respite from Disney crowds and miles of concrete.

Old Aug 13th, 2000, 12:28 PM
annemarie

What about the Embassy Suites...the one in Lake Buena Vista close to the Crossroads Shopping Centre and a simple minute or two drive to the Disney Shopping Village?? If I were to recommend you stay anywhere offsite I prefer you stay in the Lake Buena Vista area. Embassy includes breakfast buffet, drinks and snacks before the dinner hour. Suites include 2 rooms, a bedroom with 2 doubles or 1 king and a living room with a pullout, a micro, bar frig, and little sink. Nothing beats staying on site but if this does not work for you, than this might be worth checking out.

Old Aug 13th, 2000, 03:26 PM
Sue

I second Embassy Suites in Lake Buena Vista. We stay there frequently with our three kids and have never been disappointed.

Old Aug 13th, 2000, 09:15 PM
R-U-Really

Are you really, really, sure you, your spouse, 3 kids and 2 grandparents want to all stay in one (1) unit?
I ask because vacations can be a bit stressful and it's nice for people to have some privacy. Kids might get on granpa's nerves and vice versa.
There are hundreds of relative inexpensive fully furnished/completely equipped houses for rent in Orlando and Kissimme; from 2 to 5 bedrooms. It's easy to find a 3 bedroom, 2 bath HOUSE for as little as $100/night. Some come with their own private pool. A house gives everyone so much more room and a private quiet bedroom can be a much needed refuge. Also, having a full size kitchen can save a great deal of money and is so convenient.
Use a good Search Engine to find the many websites who arrange rentals. Mine is at: www.google.com
Enter your search phrase: orlando vacation rentals, then try the same, substituting the word kissimmee.
Many rental pages show a picture or two or three of the inside.
A website where you deal directly with the owners is at: www.vrbo.com
vrbo = vacation rentals by owner.

Think about it..........

Old Aug 14th, 2000, 04:05 AM
ilisa

You also might want to take a look at Boardwalk Villas. I have only stayed at Boardwalk Inn, which was fabulous, so I can't tell you anything about the price of the Villas. However, Boardwalk is great. It's in walking distance to Epcot and a short boat ride from MGM. There are multitudes of things to do there at night, and some great restaurants.

Old Aug 14th, 2000, 01:04 PM
annemarie

Yes, Boardwalk is a great location on site if the rate suits you. Disney properties are always my first choice. Please don't, however, stay in Kissimee. Used to have to stay there with my parents, bless their hearts, but you really don't feel like you are in a top notch resort location.