Disney: 6 days before XMAS

Feb 6th, 1998, 06:16 AM
ekitay

Disney: 6 days before XMAS

I am thinking of going to Disney 12/19 thru 12/23 (school schedule is very limiting). We were there during that period 4yrs ago & it worked out fine.
Did anyone visit Disney more recently at that time? Disney told me its hard to predict& travel books seem to skip that week in their attendance info sections!Thanks.

Feb 7th, 1998, 06:57 AM
Elaine

You have connected with someone who visited the day AFTER Christmas,Dec. '97 and whose family was there in the days PRIOR. I'm sure you know from your reading that Chrismas/Hanukah is THE BUSIEST time of year in the parks. This does mean crowds and long wait periods, long being defined by what you are accustomed to from your past visit(s). My husband and I visited in Nov. '96 and didn't wait on ANY ATTRACTIONS - walked on and went on rides as often as we wished. This past December however, the more popular attractions (Space Mountain, The Alien Encounter, etc)had average 25-40 minute waits and during peak day up to 90 minute waits. On the other hand, of course ALL of Disney with NO EXCEPTION is BEAUTIFULLY decorated and it is a wonderful time to visit if you know what to expect. The parks of course open earlier to guests staying at Disney property hotels. All this should be considered in addition to the age of any children as I do believe long wait periods will affect them and their enjoyment more than the hristmas decorations and "feel", will mean to them. IF YOU ARE STAYING AT A DISNEY PROPERTY BE SURE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE ADVANCE DINING RESERVATION OPTIONS, FOR ALL MEALS AND BOOK THE DAY YOU ARE ABLE TO!!! (I think it is sixty days prior to your arrival date) Unfortunately too, it rained most of my family's visit this past December but I understand that was very unusual and they did not let it affect their fun! Rain Ponchos are readily available for purchase!!! HAVE FUN! Feel free to write to me if you have any specific questions!

Feb 8th, 1998, 07:02 AM
Imelda Arsenault

Hi Elaine,

Did you have problems booking a hotel at the Disney property.

I am planning for 1999 and everything is already booked.

I was quite disappointed to get those news.

Feb 8th, 1998, 10:03 PM
Tricia

We went about 6 days before Christmas and each day got more crowded than the last, until it was just too much. I ended up spending my time at the Caribbean Beach resort- more peaceful. As for the person who said 1999 was all booked- do you mean the week prior to New Years's- that's the millenium and probably is all booked. Try in Nov or Jan.

Search this Thread