Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Discounts on WDW Swan and Dolphin Hotels?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 10:25 AM
Beth

Heard they were slashing prices on Disney Hotels and lines were minimal so we are looking to maybe cash in some frequent flyer miles and spend 5 days onsite WDW. Checked Mousesavers.com for discounts though and didn't see any additional discounts on the resorts that weren't already in place pre- Sept.11. They listed discounted rate of $129. Called Central Reservations and got government employee discount rate of $99. We really want to stay at the Swan or Dolphin; has anyone heard of another internet spot for these "slashed" rates people are talking about? Thanks.

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 03:09 PM
Celeste

I don't think it'll get cheaper than $99! Regular rates go four times as high!

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 03:17 PM
Mustangs81

That's a great rate! About 1/3 the usual. If you don't take it...let me know. We stayed the at the original "soft grand opening" and got the Florida resident rate of $95.

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 10:24 PM
L

that's a good price. go for it....I wish they would drop admission prices.

Old Oct 3rd, 2001, 05:03 AM
Beth

Thanks guys, I didn't mean to sound cheap. I know that $99 is a great rate; it is just that they were already offering the $99 rate to government employees pre-Sept. 11 due to the off season (I think Sept. and Oct. are their lowest season anyway) I was just hoping that with fewer people traveling after the attacks that prices would be lowered more at WDW like in other locations. BTW I saw rates at DELUXE all-inclusives in the caribbean including airfare from Chicago for 3 nights for $299/person including all meals, tipping and alcoholic beverages, now THAT is a slashed price.!

Old Oct 5th, 2001, 10:19 AM
Beth

Anyone else care to comment? Thanks!

Old Oct 15th, 2001, 07:56 AM
Donna

Beth,
I just booked at the Country Inns and Suites in WDW park..I got the rate of 68.00 a night. You might want to check them out. You have to mention the internet special of 68.00 to get that rate.
Have a Great Time

Old Oct 15th, 2001, 08:12 AM
Patrick

Since you're still asking for comments, I'll bite. I can't believe how low a rate of $99 is for a true luxury hotel like the Swan or Dolphin. Of course there are dozens of other places for even less money, but not of that standard, so far as I know. Comparing a price of $68 at a Country Inn and Suites to a $99 at the Swan is almost like comparing a $88 rate at Holiday Inn to a $119 rate at a Ritz Carlton. If the $30 difference means that much to you, then take the cheaper place, but personally I'd jump at the bargain rate at the better place.

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 09:09 AM
Gina

I just booked at one of the onsite Disney All-Star Resorts for $59 per night for early December. It's not the Swan, but it's Disney....

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 09:28 AM
Have

Gina- I hope you aren't expecting a real nice disney hotel, because the all star resorts are their most economical-ie smaller rooms, more crowding, b/c they are usually so full, and a generally lower class of tourist. If this is all you can afford, than by all means, it is great to stay on disney property so as not to rent a car/navigate central florida's tourist infested roadways/save time and energy, I just hope you will not be disapointed by looking forward to a disney hotel stay. And to Beth- girl what is wrong in your head. $99 for the swan and dolphin? Book two weeks and be quiet, you might never see this kind of special again.

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 05:30 PM
Tiffany

I think the $99 government rate for the Swan and Dolphin is the best you're going to get. The current advertised discount rate for FL residents is $150 per night. GO FOR IT and HAVE FUN!

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 05:34 PM
Celeste

To Have a Good Time: The All Star Resorts aren't crowded at all - they're running at about 50% occupancy right now. And why do you want to pay more for a hotel you'll probably only be in to sleep. I live in Orlando and am constantly amazed at how much people pay for hotel rooms here when they're rarely in them!

Old Oct 27th, 2001, 12:59 PM
Gina

Have -

I understand the All-Star Resorts are the "budget" properties. We are traveling with 2 other couples who are really tightwads.

Last time in WDW we stayed at Motel 6. Enuf said.

Old Oct 28th, 2001, 01:50 AM
Miriam

In our TRAVEL section (MIAMI HERALD) there are $49 specials for the Clarion Hotel closest to WDW...check out WDW's special section in each major Sunday paper.

Old Nov 8th, 2001, 06:38 AM
Beth

To the top!