Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Discount Activity Companies in Maui (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/discount-activity-companies-in-maui-281046/)

jay Dec 22nd, 2002 11:12 PM

Discount Activity Companies in Maui

Hey,<BR><BR>There are soo many discount activity site that it's crazy. But many of them make you got a 120 min presenation (ugh) -- which doesn't float my boat. So do any of you have any recommendations on some discount activity companies?<BR><BR>Thank you,<BR>Jay

david Dec 23rd, 2002 01:57 PM

We used the company recommended by Frommers, I cant remember the exact name, Activity Warehouse maybe. no presentation was required, if you attended a presentation they discounted some more. It was easy to make all reservations through them, everything worked out fine. They have an office in Kihea.

patg Dec 23rd, 2002 05:19 PM

Look into Tom Barefoot's Cashback Tours.<BR><BR>www.barefoothawaii.com<BR><BR>Had only one experience with them, but I was impressed with their low-key approach.

Dianne Dec 24th, 2002 09:08 AM

I've used cashback tours &amp; adventuremaui.com - happy with both of them - booked what I really wanted before I left, so as not to be disappointed.

BC Dec 24th, 2002 07:56 PM

I am going to Maui in mid Feb. I booked three excursions thru Activity world. 1800624-7771. The prices are good and no time-share. You can save an additional 100.00 to go to a time share. Don't do it. Call good prices.<BR>Ask for Laa. Don't deal with Lynn. Laa has good advice and excellent prices.

Patty Jan 2nd, 2003 02:32 PM

While this isn't a discount activity company, I thought I'd offer it as a possibility. We purchased an AOA gold card prior to our trip to Maui and were able to get half price tickets for a few activities and a smaller discount on others. The cost of the card is $30 - it's good for one year and up to 4 people. If you go to their website www.maui.org you'll find a list of participating vendors that offer various percentage off discounts (usually 10-25%). You make your reservations directly with the vendor and tell them that you have an AOA card. <BR><BR>The half price tickets work a little differently. You buy these from AOA (call ahead to order and pick them up at their office in Kahului on your way from the airport). You'll still need to contact the vendor directly for reservations. AOA does not make any reservations for you. You can find the list of half price tickets by going to www.maui.org/ot<BR><BR>The activities and quantities that are available for half price are limited and some are for residents of Hawaii only so read carefully. This card works best if there are half price tickets available that interest you so be sure to check the list before buying. We were able to get four Atlantis submarine tickets for $40 each so it made the card fee worthwhile.