Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Direct Flights to Maui from Mainland (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/direct-flights-to-maui-from-mainland-649908/)

MLMCVM Sep 29th, 2006 01:05 PM

Direct Flights to Maui from Mainland

Which airlines have direct service to Maui (OGG)?

sunshine Sep 29th, 2006 01:11 PM

Where will you be flying from? We're in San Diego and can fly direct on Aloha and Hawaiian.

Cackti Sep 29th, 2006 05:43 PM

Aloha from Sacramento.

lynnejoel1015 Sep 29th, 2006 10:39 PM

American Airlines out of LA (we're flying that route this November-- whoo hoo!).

MLMCVM Sep 30th, 2006 10:52 AM

We're flying from New Orleans and would like to fly from N.O. to Maui with only one stop. Maybe Houston or Dallas or Atlanta...

mah1980 Sep 30th, 2006 10:58 AM

AA has numerous daily flights from MSY stopping at DFW and then to OGG.

MauiPigFarmer Sep 30th, 2006 09:18 PM

This past summer we flew directly from Houston to Maui on Continental. VERY comfortable 767 with plenty of room to move around.

rkkwan Oct 1st, 2006 05:35 AM

Continental no longer flies to OGG. They first switched the IAH-OGG 767 to IAH-LAX-OGG on a 757, and now that's gone too.

rkkwan Oct 1st, 2006 05:38 AM

Like mah1980 says, the best way is on AA via DFW. Other one-stop itineraries via ORD/LAX (UA) or SLC (DL) have poor connections from MSY.

sherrie Oct 1st, 2006 03:25 PM

Delta flys from Atlanta to Maui. We flew with them several years ago and the flight was fine.

sistahlou Oct 1st, 2006 03:30 PM

check kayak.com

kidzinmaui Oct 2nd, 2006 04:50 PM

ALOHA, ATA, US AIRWAYS, UNITED, HAWAIIAN

FrenchFryDog Oct 3rd, 2006 06:46 PM

ATA from LAX or OAK

MrsJenn Oct 3rd, 2006 07:13 PM

AA flies direct from DFW to Maui (OGG). I would think this would be your best bet.

jamaltay Oct 4th, 2006 07:08 PM

U S Airways MSY-PHX-OGG.

travelinwifey Oct 4th, 2006 09:56 PM

America West which is now affiliated with US Air. America West started nonstop flights a few years before US Air took over.

jamaltay Oct 4th, 2006 10:54 PM

You are semi correct travelinwifey. America West started non stop flights to Maui from PHX at the start of this year, but US Air did not acquire America West. America West acquired US Air. They just retained the US Air name.

That said, my earlier post is incorrect. After the merger with US Air, AWA dropped their MSY-PHX non stops. The flights now are MSY-CLT-PHX. Sooo, that doesn't do MLMCVM any good because that would require 2 stops between MSY and OGG.

Oh well. The important thing is that I can get to Maui from Phoenix (my home) non stop((Y))

((D))8-)

squidboy Oct 5th, 2006 10:03 AM

Try to fly Hawaiian. We think its more exciting to fly them because their planes have island inspired design touches, the crew wear hibiscus print shirts, etc. This atmosphere builds excitement/anticipation for leaving the regular world behind and entering your island holiday! They also have a great frequent flyer program.

rjw_lgb_ca Oct 5th, 2006 10:34 AM

MSY to OGG: Best routing (one stop) on American, change planes DFW.

IF you can get to LAX, American, Northwest, ATA and United all fly nonstop LAX-OGG. NOTE: Hawaiian flies nonstop LAX-HNL, then you fly regional jet HNL-OGG.

If you can get to SNA (Santa Ana/Orange County), Aloha flies nonstop SNA-OGG.

And remember: Direct means interim stops but no equipment change. I assume you want a nonstop. There are no direct flights MSY-OGG (there's always an equipment change).

golpher Oct 5th, 2006 04:20 PM

Portland, OR via Hawaiian Airlines has direct flights on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays to Maui (OGG). Just got back last Friday. Directs are great.