Dinner in NYC after Lion King w/kids

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 04:21 PM
Gigi

Dinner in NYC after Lion King w/kids

Hi Everyone,
We are going to NYC in April to see Lion King with our 5 and 6 year old daughters. Can anyone suggest a great restaurant that we could also bring our kids to-they are very well-behaved so we are looking for something nice.
Thankyou,
Gigi

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 04:36 PM
Ted

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I bet your young ones would enjoy Ruby Foo's (as would you). If you're looking for a very child-friendly menu (burgers & fishsticks), it's probably not for you, but if your children have developed "grown up tastes," then it would be perfect. And it's in Times Square. Reservations are accepted as well.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 04:59 AM
Lori

My nieces, 3 and 7 just love Ellen's Stardust Dinner. Done in a 50s motif, the waiters and waitresses are ultra friendly and love kids. it gets really crowded, try for a reservation.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 05:19 AM
xx

The Times square area is rife with large tourist oriented places -some of the better ones are Virgils Real BBQ on West 44th Betw. Bway &6th - fun & great for kids who've just spent 2 hours sitting in a theatre. Also Carmines, a "family" style Italian that serves platters you share -200 W. 44th bet. Bway & 8th. And there's Ollies - (stick w/ dumplings & noodles) for ok Chinese right next door and of course John's Pizza in the beautiful church location at 260 W. 44th (bet bway & 8th) These are all informal, but still nice places that love kids and kids love. For something a little more upscale, (pricier) but still appropriate w/ kids try Baldoria (good italian )on W. 49th bet Bway & 8th. Beware of course - all these places take you very close to the new Toys R Us on 7th Ave and 46 th St. You know, the one with the Ferris Wheel. Have fun

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 07:25 AM
Ellen

If you are looking for something nice, I don't think the Stardust Diner and Virgils will qualify. Since you are going in April, and probably the afternoon show, it will still be light when you get to the restaurant. I would pick something with a garden atmosphere. What about Tavern on the Green? Not GREAT food, but pretty enough and in the park. Or the Boathouse in Central Park. Of course you could also go to the east side and hit Serendipity. Always a winner with kids, but not upscale. Just burgers, salads, grilled foods, and the best desserts. They might also enjoy a trip to Little Italy. Terrific food in that neighborhood, plus cheap souveniers to be bought on the street.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 08:28 AM
barb

Gigi, Serendipity 3 (a toy store and ice cream parlor) located on East side; Jekyll and Hydes; Mars 2112...are the best kid friendly restaurants...

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 09:37 AM
xxx

If you guys like meat and salad bars, Churrascaria on 49th between 8th and 9th is the way to go. Fixed price of $35 a person with access to salad bar which ranges from pasta to sushi to salad. After, you get a table of sides including potatoes, fried Yucca and vegetables. Waiter come by with trays and skewers of steak, salmon, bacon wrapped turkey, sausage and more.. all unlimited. It's great food and the atmosphere is upbeat and happening.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 10:56 AM
Cowboy

Is that $35 for each of the 5 and 6 year olds as well?