Dinner after Harvard graduation - suggestins please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2015, 04:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There will be 12-15 of us, including 2 year old. Grad & fiance are in Harvard Square, BIL, SIL & toddler in Arlington, and the rest at the Boston Copley Plaza. Looking for suggestions with wide menu choices, not too formal, yet white tablecloth. Budget is $800-$1,000 including tax, tip & alcohol. Suggestions please? Thanks!
Old Mar 15th, 2015, 06:19 PM

Looking for suggestions with wide menu choices, not too formal, yet white tablecloth.

White tablecloths are uncommon in Boston and pretty much impossible at $65 per person (esp. with alcohol) for a big party. Let me think on it, but you are asking for a lot, at first glance.
Old Mar 15th, 2015, 06:47 PM

I wonder if Brasserie Jo would work. It's quite close to the Copley. I think it could be done in your price range, and I know they have handled groups that size.
Old Mar 15th, 2015, 07:03 PM
Original Poster

Pls tell me more about Brasserie Jo. Do you have personal experience? Can we take toddler there?
Old Mar 15th, 2015, 07:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmmm...white tablecloths yet toddler friendly,nothing comes to mind.

Take a look at Stephi's on Tremont, they have a small private dining room for 14.
Old Mar 16th, 2015, 03:14 AM

We go to Brasserie Jo often, it is my favorite pre-symphony restaurant. It is a hotel restaurant, but a nice one, and would be fine with a toddler. The food is French brasserie style ( does that mean it's really Belgian inspired?) with things like steak frites, moules frites, roast chicken, and much more on the menu. I'm particularly a fan of their profiteroles dessert....they bring you a plate with 3 pastries filled with ice cream, then pull out the large pitcher of warm chocolate sauce and pour until you say stop. It's a running joke with my family that I don't like to say stop . Service has generally been quite good...they time things well when we have a curtain to catch.
Old Mar 16th, 2015, 03:36 AM

Brasserie Jo is a really good idea. It is pretty big and they have 2 or 3 private rooms that might be really nice. Good decor.

The food wins zero points for creativity, but it is really good - probably the best tartare in the city, for example. Good steak frites. Nice frisée salad. Service is good. Full bar. Main + app should be under $40 before tax and tip.