Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Did Anyone Hear From Dan or BamaKelly? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/did-anyone-hear-from-dan-or-bamakelly-563704/)

GoTravel Oct 10th, 2005 04:24 PM

Did Anyone Hear From Dan or BamaKelly?

Has anyone heard from Dan or BamaKelly? Just curious as I have not seen any of their posts since pre Katrina.

Statia Oct 10th, 2005 05:18 PM

I haven't seen either of them post since pre-Katrina, either. Anyone have an email address for them?

GoTravel Oct 11th, 2005 05:40 AM

Anyone?

Pittsburgher Oct 19th, 2005 03:51 AM

I've just tried to email BamaKelly this morning at two addresses I had for her; both were returned. She had referred me to a realtor in Huntsville; I may try to contact her if bamakelly doesn't turn up here soon!

GoTravel Oct 19th, 2005 04:55 AM

I haven't seen anything from either. I hope they are okay.

michelleNYC Oct 19th, 2005 06:52 AM

ttt

GoTravel Oct 19th, 2005 07:47 AM

Lets try and keep this thread active.

P_M Oct 19th, 2005 09:44 AM

It seems like Dan appeared a few times on FFR&R's. I'll write myself a note to post this question and reference this thead on Friday. Maybe they will see it and reply.

Thanks for posting this, GoTravel. This is what I love most about Fodors. It's not just about travel, but it's also about our concern for our fellow Fodorites.

Pittsburgher Oct 19th, 2005 05:14 PM

anyone?

neworleanslady Oct 20th, 2005 04:53 AM

Topping so I can follow this post later.

Statia Oct 20th, 2005 05:42 PM

ttt

OneWanderingJew Oct 20th, 2005 06:06 PM

I was just wondering how Bamakelly was doing--and Dan too.

Am topping w/hopes for some good news.

cigalechanta Oct 20th, 2005 06:08 PM

I hope they and other missing posters are ok.
P_M what is FFR&R's?

starrsville Oct 21st, 2005 03:35 AM

This is about to drop off page 1

Freaky Friday Rants and Raves

GoTravel Oct 21st, 2005 04:58 AM

TTT in case Dan appears on the FFR&R post.

kamahinaohoku Oct 21st, 2005 05:47 AM

ttt

starrsville Oct 21st, 2005 12:28 PM

topping

starrsville Oct 22nd, 2005 05:08 PM

ttt

bamakelly Oct 24th, 2005 08:57 PM

Oh. My. Gracious. Goodness.

I feel so loved. Y'all have completely made my day!

Bamakelly's BAAAACK!!!!

I live in Huntsville, so I was not directly affected by Katrina. But THANK YOU, so much, for thinking of me!

I guess you all deserve an explanation! I last posted on Fodors sometime at the end of August, I think. Here are the reasons I have been too gone for too long:

Katrina did affect my sister, who lives in (or used to) New Orleans. She came to Alabama to alternate between our family's homes during large portions of September and October. We've been trying to help her piece together different parts of her life (job, home, friends) so that she could get over the stress of the hurricane -- it was VERY hard on her; it still is. (She is currently in South Carolina for the next few weeks with her boyfriend. Still no real stability for her future; hopefully answers soon.)

Meanwhile, I am the director of a volunteer nonprofit organization here and we had our huge annual event in September. I made my television debut (several times!) and have been all over North Alabama promoting our cause.

The day after the big event we moved into the home we have been dreaming of living in since we moved to Huntsville. Because it is the first permanent home we have had since being married several years ago, I have been overwhelmed trying to buy all new furnishings and get us settled in. (But we do love it! Do come visit us if you are ever in town!)

I have an almost-2-year old (need I say more?) who, since our move, is acting...almost 2.

I am very pregnant (30 weeks!) and feeling the effects of that in full force lately, especially since our entire household has been sick repeatedly with whatever this nasty virus is that's going around. <Why do I always seem to get it the worst?>

You may remember me complaining that my husband is the only person who is in his field in this entire geographic region. Well, we have been here amlmost 2 years now, and we have hit the point where his practice is thriving. It's great for the business aspect of things (though a little sad, considering his line of work), but that means that all of the above items that you just read about (except the obvious one-haha) have been done entirely -- and I mean ENTIRELY -- on my own, including the moving part. Waaaahhhh! Right?!

So bottom line: September was full of family and volunteer work, October was completely consumed with moving and being sick; I am just now able to come back out and play!

I wish my excuses were more exciting, but there you have it anyway.

Pittsburgher -- how was your trip to Huntsville? Am anxious to hear about it. Y'all must have decided on another option, but I hope you liked it here regardless. My email address changed when we moved. Thanks for checking on me.

I really have missed all of you, too. I just haven't been able to find five minutes to myself lately. Your concern is simply amazing; I had no idea this many people even knew my name on this board, even though I feel like I know all of you so well.

And now that my answer has been way too long, you're probably reminded of all the things that drove you nuts about my posts and you are probably sorry you asked! :)

I'll be around again now; maybe not as frequently as before, as I am still running the ship solo around here and my family responsibilities are increasing. But hopefully my husband will have a business partner in the near future and we will have time for more travel...and friends at Fodors!

bamakelly Oct 24th, 2005 09:24 PM

Yikes! Part of my post was deleted...

I have missed all of you also. I did have a chance to look at the GTG photos and it looks like I missed a fun time! OWJ you must be the best MIL ever. Starrsville (and all the rest of you) I am sorry I missed meeting you. GoT, I see you are running a marathon soon. I know you are a runner anyway, but is this your first full marathon? Did you do anything specific for training that you would recommend? (for after baby #2...) It is so nice to return and see (on this thread and others) Statia, Scarlett, P_M, and so many others. What friends!

I am truly sorry I worried you so!