Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Did anyone get any "travel" for Christmas? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/did-anyone-get-any-travel-for-christmas-577840/)

cfntmpn Dec 25th, 2005 05:18 PM

Did anyone get any "travel" for Christmas?

I organized a trip for FL in February as part of DH's Christmas present. Did anyone else get travel for Christmas....or.....what was your favorite gift?

kansasmom Dec 25th, 2005 07:18 PM

Each year hubby and I hope for (and usually receive) coupons from my parents and in-laws good for babysitting our kids in 24-hour increments. If we can, we arrange to use several of these together, and then hubby and I can plan a short trip away!

CAPH52 Dec 25th, 2005 09:18 PM

Yesterday my brother told me that my other brother's trip to Ireland (for work) in March coincided with his and his girlfriend's spring break (they're teachers). He said they'd decided to meet there to spend five days in the West of Ireland. And then he went on to offer to pay for two of the four tickets we'd need for my family to go too!

We got great fares and we're going to Ireland! I'm still trying to take it in!

OneWanderingJew Dec 26th, 2005 04:48 AM

CAPH--That's just AWESOME!! I'm so happy for you guys! You are going to have such a good time--does your brother want to 'adopt' any nice fodorites??

cmcfong Dec 26th, 2005 05:02 AM

Caph, what a lovely surprise for you and DH. A memory making trip if ever there was one. Some of my favorite trips have been with my brother. Only those trips made after we reached adulthood, of course. Those cross country, kids in the back seat squabbles, though nearly fifty years ago are still very clear in my mind!

My brother gave me guidebooks for Patagonia. He will be going with me in November. DH is not a traveller but his widdowed mother is so he gave her a trip anywhere in the USA of her choosing. And for his lucky wife? He gave me a week in Bermuda. What a guy!
Happy holidays!

CAPH52 Dec 26th, 2005 06:57 AM

It truly was an awesome surprise! I'm so excited. And so nervous! I haven't been on a plane in 23 years! I'm having panic attacks already!

I'll have to ask him about the adoption thing, OWJ!!

Sounds like you've got some great trips ahead of you, cmcfong!

wliwl Dec 26th, 2005 07:30 AM

The only thing travel related that I wanted for Christmas I didn't get.

That was my son's suitcase, with virtually everything he owns in it, lost by US Air on December 17.

Oh well.

ChristieP Dec 26th, 2005 07:44 AM

I got a Southwest Airlines gift card. :-)

jvrab12 Dec 26th, 2005 07:50 AM

I usually get a long weekend trip from my new husban each Christmas. but this year we need to figure out our job situation and where we are going to live. (we live in Detroit and really don't want to wait around for the downfall of the Motor City)
anywayss, we are going to Naples, FL this week so it's not like I am travel deprived.

jorr Dec 26th, 2005 08:19 AM

I didn't get any travel for Christmas but I sure would like to give my brother travel for next Christmas. I mean During Christmas. Our family had the most miserable Christmas you can imagine because of him. He is a grouchy, irratable, impatiant, doom and gloom, alcoholic who makes the Grinch look like Santa Claus. He ruins every holiday get together and dinner. I had to take a shower when I got home to rinse him off of me.

Sorry, I had to vent. I feel better now.