Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Detroit, Ann Arbor& Lansing on homecoming weekend??

Detroit, Ann Arbor& Lansing on homecoming weekend??

Sep 14th, 2018, 11:38 AM
Original Poster

Detroit, Ann Arbor& Lansing on homecoming weekend??

We were planning on vacationing in the area the last part of the first week in October but see it is Homecoming weekend in both Ann Arbor and Lansing on Saturday and a Lions/Packer game on Sunday. Will we be able to find reasonable lodging or is this a bad time to come for anything other than football? Thanks for your advice!
Sep 14th, 2018, 12:02 PM

I cannot answer for Ann Arbor or Lansing but I don't think that there would be any difference for Detroit. Depending on what you want to see in Detroit, you may not need to be anywhere near the stadium.
Sep 15th, 2018, 08:14 AM

Not quite the same scenario, but we were in A2 this spring for commencement and found absolutely lovely lodging at The Inn on Ferry Street. We also had a rental car to move us to and fro A2; and used the QLine to enjoy dinner and an evening in The D.
Sep 17th, 2018, 03:59 AM

I suspect you will struggle to find anywhere to stay in Ann Arbor... my DH will be in A2 for some training twice on the Thursday and Friday before home football games - training goes until 6pm so he doesn't want to drive home immediately - but good luck finding a hotel room! He did find something west of town about 50 miles.

Search this Thread