Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Denver Airport, Coors Field, Colorado Springs Logistics

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 10:13 AM
MB

My husband and I are flying into Denver Intl. Airport on a Thursday at 10:30 in the morning. We are going pick up our car and then head to Coors Field for a 1:00 game. I just directions off of Mapquest (Pena Blvd. to I-70W to the I-25N exit). After the game we are heading to USAFA to stay with family.

My questions are: can anyone recommend a good place to eat lunch (either near Coors Field or at Coors Field) or anything else we should do if we arrive to Coors Field with time to kill (will our luggage be ok in the car)? Also, what time do we need to leave the game so that we are not caught in the height of rush hour traffic (if that is possible)?

Thanks for the help!

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 10:16 AM
x

A couple of places near Coors Field:

http://www.fadoirishpub.com/denver.html
http://www.wynkoop.com/

Sorry I don't have more, I don't get down there much.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 10:38 AM
kima

MB, for some reason north on hwy 25 does not seem right to me, but not sure. also it can take easily an hour to get out of the airport, combined with finding a parking space your best bet may be eating at the ball park. as far as traffic..well 1-25 is a mess right now so before 3:00 or I would eat after the game and leave after 6:00. Tons of places around the ballpark to eat at.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 10:51 AM
Steve

You need to head south on I-25, not north. Turn off at the 20th street exit and head east. You will see Coors field on your left from I-25. Follow the signs for parking. Tons of restaurants near Coors primarily to the south along Wynkoop, Blake, and Market Streets.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 09:53 PM
Lenleigh

I-25 (from downtown denver through the tech center) is a mess due to construction. We travel at least once a week from Colorado Springs to Denver around 4 or 5 in the afternoon and it seems like everytime, the traffic heading south on I-25 is really backedup and that will likely affect you if you leave denver around 4pm to 6pm. It will take you about an hour or more(especially because of the denver construction) if the traffic is really bad. Make sure you put all your luggage and valuables in your trunk when you are at the airport and you should be ok parking it in a lot around coors field.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 09:55 PM
Lenleigh

I meant to say the traffic heading south on I-25 around the Academy and Air Force exits are really backed-up.