Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Delta, AF or Continental to Paris- which offers the most in business class (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/delta-af-or-continental-to-paris-which-offers-the-most-in-business-class-864008/)

returntoyourseat Oct 23rd, 2010 02:14 AM

Delta, AF or Continental to Paris- which offers the most in business class

I have to lock in some flights before Monday. I have gone online and all the opinions and blogs still have not convinced me who to book with. This is hard since I am a happy British Air traveler but our routes have changed. I am going from PHX to CDG in business class.......have you flown this route and which in opinion is the best, I don't mean cheapest, I like perks at this point in my life, comfort and service. I suppose I don't need help with the route because I would not want to fly through ice and snow on the connection so I think IAH or ATL would be the connection, I am asking for overall on the airlines. Thank you.

Gretchen Oct 23rd, 2010 04:00 AM

I have only flown Continental, but I don't know what more you could ask!

returntoyourseat Oct 23rd, 2010 05:41 AM

I agree, they are my favorite airlines for domestic, have not flown them in a long time long haul but I am a Houston girl so I am loyal to them. Thanks

HappyTrvlr Oct 23rd, 2010 08:24 AM

We had a very good experience on Continental International Business Class, exceptional in fact.

mariacallas2 Oct 23rd, 2010 12:06 PM

I vote Lufthansa. Seriously - a little hunka heaven. I flew business class from Texas to Budapest and I will NEVER go back to the sardine can again. It's absolute agony for a long-legged tall person with a touch of claustrophobia.

Lufthansa business class was like going to a friend's house to spend the night - a friend who loves and pampers you.

Yours
MC

Dukey1 Oct 24th, 2010 05:07 AM

I've flown to Europe in Continental Business First and in Lufthansa Business...the service and the food were MUCH MUCH better on Continental IMO and I believe they are adding flatbed seats, too.

padams421 Oct 24th, 2010 09:57 AM

The AF flights out of ATL are usually Delta code share flights. You will be on a Delta plane.

returntoyourseat Oct 25th, 2010 11:04 AM

I am not sure Delta is code sharing with AF...I believe our travel company has some DEAL with AF so I think I have to fly them. I don't like their safety record.....

Racer042 Jan 1st, 2011 03:17 PM

My wife and I flew United business class to Rome from Orlando and the seats were divine. They lay completely flat and we got a full nights rest going over. Now we are spoiled and wife wants business class to Paris next fall. We are looking at Aerlingus.

ziggypop Jan 1st, 2011 05:03 PM

returntoyourseat, it is not your travel company. I tried to compare rates for AF and Delta from Minneapolis and they both end up in a Delta plane.

hawksbill Jan 1st, 2011 10:57 PM

I've flown business class on Air France from JFK to Paris, on Continental from Newark to Geneva, and on American from JFK to Rome. I'd rank Continental first, American a close second, and Air France a distant third.

fmpden Jan 2nd, 2011 03:31 AM

I am beginning to think no one every reads the original posting or checks the dates.

Returntoyourseat posted -- I have to lock in some flights before Monday.

On Oct 23, 2010, I think it is a dead question.