I need your southwestern Colorado expertise! This September, my husband and I, along with my parents, are planning to visit southwest Colorado. My husband and I travel to Estes Park twice a year but have never been to the southwest area so we thought we would mix it up.
Here is a rough draft itinerary/initial thoughts:
Thursday- Fly to ABQ (from Austin); drive 3 1/2 hours to Durango; settle into hotel
Friday- Mesa Verde National Park
Saturday- Train from Durango to Silverton
Sunday- San Juan Skyway
Monday- repeat San Juan Skyway
Tuesday- Fly home
We plan to be up early and out until dark to make the most of our days. The help I am needing is regarding the San Juan Skyway.
1) Is it possible to make the loop in one day which includes spending time in Ouray and Telluride with Durango being our base?
2) Will we feel like doing the loop again?
3) Your suggestion for tackling the loop? Suggestions regarding our other days.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 girls trip / oregon
- 2 4 days in Miami
- 3 Halekulani Hotel-Waikiki -anyone stayed there
- 4 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 5 10 day California Trip in July
- 6 Please help w/ 7 day itinerary for Vegas & Arizona
- 7 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 8 Ideas for 16th Birthday New York
- 9 Las Vegas TR
- 10 Moving from philly suburbs to St. Petersburg Florida area
- 11 Yosemite lodging ideas
- 12 Newport Beach restaurants
- 13 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 14 NY theater district restaurant
- 15 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 16 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 17 Vegas in February
- 18 Christmas Eve in Los Angeles
- 19 I need help
- 20 18 Yearolds In NOLA
- 21 A Few days in Museums
- 22 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 23 Yosemite to San Francisco?
- 24 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 25 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions